Hotel Bellevue

Started by Hannes, August 29, 2017, 04:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

After a long pause due to some minor health problems I wanted to do something with TG again.
I found Kadri's Sinkhole file: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,4484.msg237980.html#msg237980
(Thanks a lot Kadri!!!!!), which is easy to understand, not too complicated and yet incredibly effective.
I played a bit with it, edited the settings, stretched the SSS and warped it. Finally I came up with this one here.

The part with the mist in the center of the image took the longest to render. To make the mist and the atmospheric at all look how I wanted it to look, I had to check "receive shadows of surfaces" both in the atmosphere and in the (V2) cloud layer representing the mist. 29 hours!

inkydigit

Welcome back Hannes!
This looks awesome, such scale, and what a vista!
:)

Hannes

Thanks, Inky!! Rendering a small animation at the moment. A flight through the canyon without objects, and of course "receive shadows..." unchecked.

J_Con

Rather stunning, well done.

Lady of the Lake

fleetwood

Nifty, great sense of space.

zaxxon

Wow indeed! Hope you are feeling better, and what a 'return' image! Once again you make the TG render engine perform wonders.

Kadri

Sweet :) Curious about the animation.

Hope you are feeling better Hannes.

The parallel links of the nodes are making it longer to render if i remember right.
Don't know your computer but mine is 4 years or so old and with scenes like this we all here should get a monster computer as soon as possible hopefully :)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys. Yes, I'm feeling better now. Made the experience that much stress (at work) can have a larger impact on a body than expected. Fortunately my doctor decided to sign me off sick for a few weeks.

Kadri, I already thinned out your setup, so it's not too hard to render it, but once you have athmosphere and clouds receive shadows, it takes ages.
And yes, a real killer render monster would be great!!!!

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on August 29, 2017, 12:22:42 PM
...Yes, I'm feeling better now. Made the experience that much stress (at work) can have a larger impact on a body than expected. Fortunately my doctor decided to sign me off sick for a few weeks.

Sounds serious but good to hear you are better now :)

luvsmuzik

Animation will of course be the X-wing at mach something-or-other on it's side whizzing through this wonderful canyon?!?!?! :)
Also wish you returning to the best of health!

mhaze

masonspappy

Nice Wow-factor to this.

DannyG

Quite the entrance, welcome back
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Seth