Hotel Bellevue

Started by Hannes, August 29, 2017, 04:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Hannes, did you have any problems with pin holes in the terrain (sky showing through) ?

I ask because I started getting some terrain pin holes when playing around with Kadri's file. Nothing too serious. But I notice the planet displacement tolerance is rather high at 3.

Could there be some tiny little holes in the huge dark overhanging cliff in the upper right?
Pin holes are an easy fix of course.

Dune

Quite a re-entry in the TG atmopshere, Hannes. Incredibly nice render and POV. And do take care of yourself, work is fine, but health is all!

Hannes

Quote from: fleetwood on August 29, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
Hannes, did you have any problems with pin holes in the terrain (sky showing through) ?

Yes, there are some, but I think, they aren't too noticeable. I didn't do any postwork regarding these pinholes.

Quote from: Dune on August 30, 2017, 02:44:01 AM
Quite a re-entry in the TG atmopshere, Hannes. Incredibly nice render and POV. And do take care of yourself, work is fine, but health is all!

Yes, indeed! Thinking about retirement every day  ;), but unfortunately there's probably ten more years to go...

Dune

Just take it easy then, let others worry!

bobbystahr

Well you've blown my mind yet again hannes...beauty and well worth the render time
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks, Bobby!!!

I temporarily paused my attempt to create a race through the canyon. Just for fun I animated the displacement settings of the canyon itself, and found that with some sort of a water shader it looks like Moses parting the sea. Looks quite promising. I'll open a thread in the animation section once I have something to show (I hope someone will have a look, since the animation section is not the most frequented one here!).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 31, 2017, 05:03:18 AM
Thanks, Bobby!!!

I temporarily paused my attempt to create a race through the canyon. Just for fun I animated the displacement settings of the canyon itself, and found that with some sort of a water shader it looks like Moses parting the sea. Looks quite promising. I'll open a thread in the animation section once I have something to show (I hope someone will have a look, since the animation section is not the most frequented one here!).

I'll be there, I, as a former Moderator, tend to look at all new posts out of habit...heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on August 31, 2017, 05:03:18 AM
... and found that with some sort of a water shader it looks like Moses parting the sea. Looks quite promising.

Render times?

Hannes

I'm using a simple surface layer and it's specularity plus a bit of translucency. Looks surprisingly good.
Atm I render at 600 X 337 for testing. Two minutes per frame. Good, since it's a 1600 frames animation.This is necessary, because Moses would probably need more than 300 frames to part the sea. ;-)

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on August 31, 2017, 12:22:36 PM
I'm using a simple surface layer and it's specularity plus a bit of translucency. Looks surprisingly good.
Atm I render at 600 X 337 for testing. Two minutes per frame. Good, since it's a 1600 frames animation.This is necessary, because Moses would probably need more than 300 frames to part the sea. ;-)

:D

luvsmuzik

Recalling miniature animations made in version 9 or so, with all efforts to control file size, just to make an animation approximately half the size of a credit card......to load on a free server (which isn't really free when you pay them every month, now is it?)...you can bet we are watching this!

archonforest

Stunning as usual.  Welcome back. Happy that health is coming back.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd