Brain Cramp...HELP please

Started by bobbystahr, August 30, 2017, 08:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Damn I know I've done this before but I cant seem to mask out the center of a cloud with a painted shader so that the cloud outlines my lake....any tips..pu leeeeze...project on hold till I solve this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Paint on ground and inversely mask the cloud fractal (perhaps it needs to be set to 3d in the painted shader, don't know), or complement color and use the final density input of the cloud. Something like that should work.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 31, 2017, 01:42:55 AM
Paint on ground and inversely mask the cloud fractal (perhaps it needs to be set to 3d in the painted shader, don't know), or complement color and use the final density input of the cloud. Something like that should work.

Tried all that before I posted....neither a SS shader nor a Painted shader will cooperate...sigh. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I don't see the problem. Try this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 31, 2017, 10:32:01 AM
I don't see the problem. Try this.

thanks Ulco, got it working by reverse engineering Richard's God Ray share. It looks Identical to what I was trying node wise and yet his works and mine doesn't///weird.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Got it workin', now to tweak the cloud...thanks....

Gawd Damn...tweaking the cloud and TG stops working...back to guitar for today...too frustrated.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

got it working and maybe not the best choices in veg but wanted to try the Alpine and had veg I hadn't tried out yet like the red sumac.
Thanks to Dune for his help on the masking issue..here's what I did.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That ring of cloud works perfectly. The small vegetation on foreground is a bit too regular, it needs either more shrub and trees, or bare rock, IMO.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2017, 01:40:57 AM
That ring of cloud works perfectly. The small vegetation on foreground is a bit too regular, it needs either more shrub and trees, or bare rock, IMO.

Agree and bare rock is likely a good option along with fixing the sumac pop.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

O K, this will be a final for now, thanx again to Ulco. added some rocks and a pop of flox cuz it sorta rhymes with rocks heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Well..... the red is kinda awful, Bobby.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2017, 02:24:06 AM
Well..... the red is kinda awful, Bobby.

and it just got more awful as I went. sometimes only one part of an idea works and in that case it's better not to flog a dead horse. dib't really like what happened to any of the veg really.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New