Field in dunes

Started by Dune, August 18, 2017, 02:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks Dorian, some good ideas. This is the sort of landscape that it's supposed to be, quite sandy. Difference between freshly plowed and still old crop or mowed would be nice indeed. So are some human belongings up front.

dorianvan

I see. Then I would take the green mossy stuff out; kind of looks like painted green sand. Just replace with darker/I guess wettish color of sand for some variety.
-Dorian

Dune

There's moss in the dunes as well, but maybe the color and texture is not right yet. I'll have a look. Thanks Dorian.

inkydigit

Super Duin!
Great adventure in the duins, Dune!
:)
Look forward to the moss, modified puffy snow!
:)

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dorianvan

I think Jason's right. The "moss" is off the ground and puffy. If you have a population rather than paint, it would probably look better.
-Dorian

bobbystahr

Quote from: dorianvan on August 30, 2017, 06:58:11 PM
I think Jason's right. The "moss" is off the ground and puffy. If you have a population rather than paint, it would probably look better.

AP I think shared some killer moss .tgo files
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Actually the mosses in these often dry dunes is rather low and compact and often very dry, certainly not like the thick spongy mosses in dark wet forests. And I think from this distance and regarding the size of mos bed, a pop ain't necessary. I've already done some changes anyway.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 31, 2017, 01:46:14 AM
Actually the mosses in these often dry dunes is rather low and compact and often very dry, certainly not like the thick spongy mosses in dark wet forests. And I think from this distance and regarding the size of mos bed, a pop ain't necessary. I've already done some changes anyway.

coolio
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I'm not sure if this would be correct, so here's a few options. The old veggies plowed over should be there, but on disturbed angles, so perhaps I should make some dead crooked stuff.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 01, 2017, 02:35:50 AM
I'm not sure if this would be correct, so here's a few options. The old veggies plowed over should be there, but on disturbed angles, so perhaps I should make some dead crooked stuff.

Perhaps, but it's pretty damn real as is IMHO. Aw go for it, y'know y wanna.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New