Moses

Started by Hannes, September 01, 2017, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

As I mentioned here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23544.msg238375.html#msg238375
I accidentally found some sort of Moses-parting-the sea-solution. Here is my first low quality (!!!) try. In the meantime I'm trying to improve it (less prominent strata, showing the ground etc...).
Actually the animation lasts for 1600 frames. Maybe the last 1000 aren't too necessary...

Dune

Kadri

Looks very promising really. Curious for the high resolution.

Hannes

In the meantime I was testing a few things. I rendered another version, but it wasn't worth of sharing here, since it wasn't very different to the previous one.
More or less accidentally I found an interesting way for the white water. I was trying some blue nodes (ME!!!! BLUE NODES!!!!!) and found the "get normal" node. Plugged into the Breakup slot I got a multicolor weird LSD like coloration, but when I did a test animtion I found, that some of the colors behave the way I wanted them to. So I used some other nodes, i. e. the blue to scalar and the green to scalar nodes and played with some color adjust shaders and fed the breakup slot and the mask slot of a white shader with it. I had to adjust the settings for a while, but in the end I liked the result.

For testing purposes I switched off the cloud shader that represents the mist and cropped the render. I only rendered frames 100 to 425, because this is the time where the most is happening.
Still some work to do, and it's far away from perfect, but given the fact, that TG has no fluid simulation, I'm quite happy with it so far.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

masonspappy

That is Biblical!!!
And very well done!  :)

Hannes

Next iteration.
I know, this is not Moses! I used my usual backpack guy as a stand in, until I find a decent 3D Moses.
I added some terrain (second planet, since the sea is a terrain as well), added some more localised clouds to get some sort of splashes (this is really tough, I can tell you!!) and created some fake shallow greenish water.

Kadri

Looks cool :)

Have you high-res stills Hannes? Really curious how it looks.

Hannes

Not yet, Kadri, because I'm quite busy testing things, but as soon as I have some, I'll post them. I'm really hoping, that this isn't something that look crappy in hi res.

Kadri

I hope so too. It feels sometimes like a gamble to me :)

Oshyan

It looks surprisingly good in the lower resolution animation at least. :D

- Oshyan