Started by DannyG, September 04, 2017, 02:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Terragen 4, XFrog & Megascans
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Nice composition. I must say I like this much better than your previous dark jungle version. I suppose the rock wall is an enlarged megascan too? This works very well together. The only thing that, IMHO, would enhance this render is a higher resolution bark; it's a bit soft (unless it's supposed to be so).

archonforest

Nice. Reminds me the game Crysis.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

I like this but jungles are wet, some more specular on the leaves would be good.

fleetwood

Looks good. More translucency?

Oshyan

As I said on Facebook, one of your best Danny. I have the same question as Dune, is that large rock in back also Megascans? I suspect so. It works well. Agree with some of the other feedback about higher res bark texture (if possible), and perhaps a bit more specular and translucency, but overall it's already great.

- Oshyan

DannyG

I Appreciate the comments and critiques as always, the Rock is an 8K Megascan. The trees are XFrog so without forced displacement not available on populations I would have to rework the textures in PH, I just don't have the time to put into this at the moment. My day job and the occasional side job keeps my dance card pretty full. So off to the next piece 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on September 06, 2017, 06:36:34 AM
so without forced displacement not available on populations 

Can you not just duplicate the pop and in one and turn all the leaves off (zero the Opacity ) and enable forced displacement on that one; and on the other leave default but turn off the bark ?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I don't think Force Displacement would fix the issue. It's a low resolution texture, so it would just turn into a lumpier low resolution trunk. It just needs a higher resolution texture, which is understandably a time commitment you don't have.

- Oshyan

DannyG

The res for the Bark map is only 768X1024 standard XFrog map. I am making some Palms in Speedtree that's the best way. I will get the higher res as well as more variation. I can just export a few random seed variants.
Hurricane Irma is coming, my PC is connected to the generator so I might have a few days of free time ;)
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Dune

I hope you connected it well! Irma is a bitch for sure!

DannyG

Thank s Ulco, Irma decided to turn west when running into the norther high pressure zone. Living on the Eastern side this was obviously a good thing, no major damage, some flooding and shingles missing, power is currently out. That should be be sorted tonight hopefully
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Dune

I saw it. You're lucky, unlike a lot of people. Major disaster indeed.