High Seas_W I P

Started by bobbystahr, September 06, 2017, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

found a lovely boat and dropped it onto the Atlantic,tgc and overlaid it with Richard's Turner Sky.tgc...still lo AA/res but will take this further. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice. Spotlight on the boat perhaps?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2017, 02:22:28 AM

found lanterns on the back of the ship so dropped lights into them and am trying an over niter from the back
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 07, 2017, 05:21:59 AM

found lanterns on the back of the ship so dropped lights into them and am trying an over niter from the back

well, after 5 hours only 20% of the sky was done so I think this is on hold till I can figure what is slowing my workstation down...should have finished over nite...sigh. I'll start a new thread when I figure this out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Did a wee test adding Richards God Rays answer before the Turner Sky clip and, using his Transform shader, moved the hole in the clouds towards the camera till the sun hit the ship...doing a test render now but that also seems to work O K.
No solution to the slowness though...sigh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I think you better work on the terrain and objects first and then add the sky as the slowest last bit. I have a love/hate relationship with the (awesome) clouds, and am hardly ever patient enough to work on them for hours.
Btw. make a black square in PS, white soft dot in center and point that towards the sun with a camera, as a (inverse) mask for a hole in the sky; easy spotlight, no moving around of SSS's needed.