Tropical sunset V2 (without bloom effect)

Started by Antoine, August 26, 2017, 01:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hello,

Here is an another tropical theme.
I just noticed there are some artifacts in some shadow areas and the sun halo, but this is due to the jpg compression. It doesn't appear in the original.

David.

Dune

Hannes

Amazing! Terrific clouds!

Antoine

Thank you !

For the clouds, I had to do several tests/adjustments before it looks good enough

I used some bloom effect in this image, the problem is that this gives less contrast and in the case of  a sunrise, looking at the sun, contrast is important. So I did a second render without bloom effect in higher resolution.
Personally I prefer the second one, What do you think ?

David.

Hannes

Hard to say. I like them both. What are your cloud settings? I like the sort of bumpy base of the clouds.

Dune

Indeed hard to say, both have their positives.

Antoine

QuoteWhat are your cloud settings? I like the sort of bumpy base of the clouds

I used clouds fractal shader V3 for better controls. then two things essentially :

1 : I lowered the coverage gamma setting at about 0.5 to get more diversity inside the clouds.
2 : In order to get some parts of the clouds base to be illuminated by the sun, I lowered the buoyancy from variation up to 0.2, this gives the base more bumpy.

Other than that there is also the softness and param C I have adjusted to get what I wanted.

David.

Hannes

masonspappy

inkydigit

I echo all... astonishingly beautiful,
Well done David!
:)
Jason

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Where was I on Aug 26 to miss this as well...purty durn purty I'd say...prefer the 2nd as well for the same reasons you did it....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake