Megen's Mesa

Started by Tangled-Universe, September 15, 2017, 12:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Inspired by Rene van Megen's work on Mesa structures.
He also helped me showing how it's done and this is what I got, thanks for the help and inspiration Rene :)
It's more a monolithic like structure rather than a full blown mesa, which Rene depicted perfectly here:
http://planetside.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rene-van-megen_12719376_973718919377175_6781818731725900221_o-1920x853.jpg

[attach=1]

cyphyr

Beautiful lighting, quite photographic.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hannes

Quote from: cyphyr on September 15, 2017, 12:49:35 PM
Beautiful lighting, quite photographic.

Exactly what I thought. Brillant, Martin!!

zaxxon

luvsmuzik

Another wonderful render. Echo more, more!

J_Con

Excellent. Looks like a photo.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks guys, glad to hear you like it! :)

mhaze

Beautiful light, nice rocks.

Jo Kariboo

A great success at all levels. It is nice to see this picture here on this site. The quality on Facebook is lower.

bobbystahr

Thanks muchly for posting this here as as well...as others agree FB does only a fair job representing our works....And this deserves the better here...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

realism is tops, excellent Martin
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Denis Sirenko

Wow! It's really cool. Is it all one rendering of one scene?
If you allow me, I have a couple of comments. I found only two small points, which show the artificial origin of the image. First -- it is a grass that does not have a shallower underlying vegetation (lower levels). And the second -- a noticeable dark outline on the border between the illuminated cliff tops and the sky
Everything else is fantastic, I'm delighted!

Tangled-Universe

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on September 16, 2017, 04:03:23 PM
Wow! It's really cool. Is it all one rendering of one scene?
If you allow me, I have a couple of comments. I found only two small points, which show the artificial origin of the image. First -- it is a grass that does not have a shallower underlying vegetation (lower levels). And the second -- a noticeable dark outline on the border between the illuminated cliff tops and the sky
Everything else is fantastic, I'm delighted!

Thank you Denis, good eye you have there for the edge ;)
I have fixed it for a new version, soon to be uploaded.
Also I have versions with underlying vegetation, but somehow it didn't look really nice and especially very 'busy' to the eye, very distracting.
I do agree with you that underlying vegetation is what one should expect and it's indeed missing, but as you know now I left it out intentionally.

Tangled-Universe

I guess this is the final then...

[attach=1]