Retreating ice, etc.

Started by Dune, September 19, 2017, 09:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks. Here's another version. I think I like the more 'transparent' water better. At least the people now have boots  ;)

Oshyan

I like this latest one quite a lot Ulco. Lots of dynamics in the character poses, good variety and realism in surface shading, and a nice scene composition with the distant glacier. It tells a lot of story.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

I really like the most recent render; guessing it's Spring and the ice is melting and snow's going away from the vibrancy of the veg...and mukluks, not really boots I don't think, back then.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yeah, muck-lucks  ;)

Here's another version, based on something I can't tell you yet. Any C&C is welcome, as I'm not convinced of the glacier yet.

bobbystahr

Fine image; from the rocks it would seem to be retreating having left the boulders in it's wake. You see a fair bit of that around here on the floor of the former Lake Agassiz. You didn't by any chance use hannes' ice and snow preset to get that ice did you...just tried it out on a WIP and what you have looks remarkably similar
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

Wow, Ulco, that's epic! Would be another print candidate for me...

agent unawares

I like the last one the best. The eye is drawn really naturally across the scene the same direction the hunters are walking and catches on the little details of the animals in the background, etc on the way.

Dune

Thanks guys. The rocks are leftovers indeed, all the way from Norway, etc. And used by the 'hunebedbouwers' (burialchamberbuilders) for structures like this (10km from our place).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 29, 2017, 09:03:26 AM
Thanks guys. The rocks are leftovers indeed, all the way from Norway, etc. And used by the 'hunebedbouwers' (burialchamberbuilders) for structures like this (10km from our place).

So.....this is a photo? and not a new level of Ulcophotorealisim?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Kadri

The last render looks good too Ulco.
Your human object poses are quite natural by the way.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

Great scenes, one does it for me too, seemed more dramatic?
Love the poses of your Neanderthal folks!
:)