Canyon dog fight

Started by Hannes, September 21, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here's what I initially wanted to do with that:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,4484.msg237980.html#msg237980
before I decided to part the sea.
It's still WIP, low res and flickering like hell. Creating a GI cache file atm.

Oshyan

Dune

In that speed flickering is quite normal, in real life. The speed playing havoc on your eyesigh. Awesome.

masonspappy

Hannes

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Dune on September 22, 2017, 02:46:26 AM
In that speed flickering is quite normal, in real life. The speed playing havoc on your eyesigh. Awesome.

Yes, a bit I guess, but the GI flicker is definitely there. I created a GI cache file now as I said, and hopefully it's going to be better. Rendering in HD right now (1280X720px) with 2D motion blur. Takes 12 to 13 minutes per frame.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Hannes

Here's the HD version. Unfortunately the fighter is blurred incorrectly by the camera motion blur as well. I think, I remember this has been mentioned before...

Oshyan

Ah, yes it's a shame about the blurring on the fighter, but the canyon is super cool. Are the arcing structures above it just objects, or some fancy displacement trick? (like Ulco's arch I guess)

- Oshyan

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on September 25, 2017, 10:50:35 PM
Ah, yes it's a shame about the blurring on the fighter, but the canyon is super cool. Are the arcing structures above it just objects, or some fancy displacement trick? (like Ulco's arch I guess)

- Oshyan

Thanks, Oshyan. The arcs are objects that I used here as well:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21969.msg221146.html#msg221146

Btw I had to edit a few single frames. There were some bright grey artifacts (due to displacement I guess), and the GI caching gave me a short sequence of images with a pinkish lighting in the middle of the frame (see attached image). I recalculated the GI cache for that sequence, rerendered it, and it was OK.

Kadri

Pity about the motion blur. Other then that problem it looks cool Hannes.

rolland1013

J_Con

The hi res is really nice.

J_Con

Do you use NUKE at all , or any other compositor?