Mountain village before storm

Started by Philipp_g, September 24, 2017, 05:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philipp_g

Hi - I already posted 2 pics of the series in the Terragen Gallery on Facebook. Here is an other example of the series 37 images of a winter day in a small mountain village in the Swiss alps - before during and after a snowstorm.

Hannes

Wow, amazingly real!!! very good work.

bobbystahr

Looks better here, unfortunate that its a smaller size as it would look awesome full screen.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Philipp_g

It is the original size rendering 720p for video - there was no time for HD - the tight schedule would not alow it. I plan to do bigger renderings in stereo

bobbystahr

Quote from: Philipp_g on September 24, 2017, 11:33:12 AM
It is the original size rendering 720p for video - there was no time for HD - the tight schedule would not alow it. I plan to do bigger renderings in stereo

Awesome, I thought it looked video size...did you do the video? will you share that if yes, please.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Philipp_g

sorry can't share the entire vid - but an excerpt - thanks for your interest

KlausK

hi Phillip_G
looks very good! And an interesting project (again) from you.
Saw the "Clouds of the Second Kind" in HEK in BS. That was Terragen as well, I presume?
Much appreciated, that you post your stuff here.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Philipp_g on September 24, 2017, 03:26:15 PM
sorry can't share the entire vid - but an excerpt - thanks for your interest

I'd settle for an slice of it, vimeo is good for quality sharing I've noticed from TG stuff links that have surfaced in the forum.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Very photographic. I suppose it's based on real heightmaps and aerial texture maps (to get the road in so nicely)?

Hannes

May I nitpick a little? ;)
Some of the light spots on the snow don't seem to have a lightsource. They are just there.

DannyG

Excellent, do you have a larger version of this? It really deserves a big render to see all the detailed work involved in this.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on September 25, 2017, 07:10:37 AM
Excellent, do you have a larger version of this? It really deserves a big render to see all the detailed work involved in this.

see post #5
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Philipp_g

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 24, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
I'd settle for an slice of it, vimeo is good for quality sharing I've noticed from TG stuff links that have surfaced in the forum.

Here is the link to my vimeo site and the video called "Real Snow" - enjoy https://vimeo.com/235510233

bobbystahr

Quote from: Philipp_g on September 26, 2017, 06:57:34 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 24, 2017, 05:47:23 PM

Here is the link to my vimeo site and the video called "Real Snow" - enjoy https://vimeo.com/235510233

Really nice way of showing the stages of snow. Perhaps smoother(slower) transitions between stages but I understand the time insanity of doing that.
I wound up spending some time on your work and particularily liked Aus dem Schatten treten and Seven Days
but all are very good. I have it bookmarked and will spend more time to see them all later. Thanks for sharing this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New