Islands in the mist

Started by Rumburak, October 01, 2017, 10:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumburak

I regularly play a pen and paper RPG with some good old friends. A few sessions ago I started to create a background image for the next part of our 'adventure'. This is the latest one which will take us to some islands in the mist. I think this one is good enough to be shown here.
Special thanks to the creator(s) of the NWDA Atmosphere Pack and Ulco for his EasyBeach Setup that gave me the starting point for this image.

Dune

Beauty. I love the light and cloud. And thanks for mentioning EasyBeach.

Upon Infinity

Great fog and setup.  Reminds me of some of my own work.  Really like the green light in the background.

bobbystahr

Reminds me of my time in the islands around Vancouver BC...mornings were often like this...well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Very nice.
Good old days when we played rpg without a computer...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

Very nice work with the assets. Nice composition and mood
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

KlausK

hey, this is very nice. Everything appears so smooth and soft. Beautiful moody colouring. Did that long to render out?
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Rumburak

The test renders took some time, but I don't know exact values for the final version. I rendered a 4k version on PixelPlow render farm for less than $3.

KlausK

I see. Thanks. CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)