Does Terragen really have to...

Started by N-drju, October 06, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

...redraw preview render after all silly tweaks that have no influence on the overall visual output? Like changing the diameter of the painted shader or changing values of the items / nodes that are not connected to the general node network?

Yes, I know I can pause the preview. But anyway?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

This is something we continue to improve. It seems it is more complicated than one would think to appropriately handle this, but I agree it is not ideal at this time.

- Oshyan

jaf

I've been asking for this for a few years now.  To be able to do a crop render on a small area and then make a change and do another crop next to the previous one, would really come in handy (to compare differences, if any.)  Currently, one has to either save out each crop render or screen capture them and then load into an image viewer and  delete all the files when done.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Dune

Sometimes, when I know what I'm doing and the result will be quite predictable, I pause the preview to not be bothered by it. But I agree a lot of changes need not rerender it (like changing the crop, for one).

N-drju

Oh yes. Changing the crop render area is also one of these situations.

Contrary, sometimes when I change the fractal settings, like for the terrain or texturing, and then ctrl-z the changes the prerender just wouldn't launch until I hit a slider first. ::)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"