GI Prerender Image

Started by Upon Infinity, October 06, 2017, 07:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

One of the neat things about Terragen is how even the GI prerender sequence can be considered a kind of art form.  This one was brightened up a bit for visability.

masonspappy

I actually kind of like that. Wouldn't want a steady diet of it but as an occasional departure from the rendering norm it's kind of cool.

N-drju

Hehe. True. :) It looks like a picture from some old fin-de-siecle newspaper.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

J_Con

I like this a lot. Has a smothering nightmarish feel to it.Nice depth and color contrast in the image.Wouldn't look out of place hanging on a wall.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: J_Con on October 06, 2017, 08:07:58 PM
I like this a lot. Has a smothering nightmarish feel to it.Nice depth and color contrast in the image.Wouldn't look out of place hanging on a wall.

Yeah, I'm going to experiment a bit with this and see if I can get some interesting results for certain images.

Dune

bobbystahr

Heh heh, glad I'm not the only one saving an occasional prerender...this is one I'd have saved for sure. The trick for me is being there when it finishes as I often let the render happen and am off doing dishes or something at the key moment.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 07, 2017, 02:52:00 PM
Heh heh, glad I'm not the only one saving an occasional prerender...this is one I'd have saved for sure. The trick for me is being there when it finishes as I often let the render happen and am off doing dishes or something at the key moment.

What do you mean Bobby? You don't have to be around to save it. The save button is right there waiting for you. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 08, 2017, 05:29:36 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on October 07, 2017, 02:52:00 PM

What do you mean Bobby? You don't have to be around to save it. The save button is right there waiting for you. ;)

What I meant is the prerender only sits there for seconds before it starts doing the final and I'm often not there to do a screen grab in time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 08, 2017, 09:42:58 AM
What I meant is the prerender only sits there for seconds before it starts doing the final and I'm often not there to do a screen grab in time.

Maybe it's a bit late to reply to that thread but...

Just wanted to remind you, that you can always save the prerender image! :) If you want, you can simply make a GI precache and TG will not render the actual image in this case. The dot-art will be all that's left on your screen. :)