bobbystahr

Just playing around and I kinda like this. C&C OK
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake

The rocks seem a little out of place to me...too stark maybe.  Other than that I really like the rest.

N-drju

Naaah. The rocks are a nice addition. It's just that they need better texturing 's all.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 07, 2017, 06:05:15 PM
Naaah. The rocks are a nice addition. It's just that they need better texturing 's all.

Yup, what I tried didn't work...will get on that later but today, from here forwards, is a music playing and listening zone.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

And less even scattering perhaps; more like heaps of stones. And reduced translucency in some trees perhaps and some patchiness there as well. And some more low grasses, I guess.

N-drju

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 07, 2017, 06:11:03 PM
Yup, what I tried didn't work...will get on that later but today, from here forwards, is a music playing and listening zone.

That reminds me that I have some music listening to do on my own. ;) Been quite a while since the last time I checked out and / or downloaded some nice tunes. Have a lot of catching up to do.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 08, 2017, 02:40:35 AM
And less even scattering perhaps; more like heaps of stones. And reduced translucency in some trees perhaps and some patchiness there as well. And some more low grasses, I guess.

Actually Ulco this started as a test using carefully controlled PFs to mask pops and actually last nite after music was over and before this post I set up another render with AA 8 (in hour 11 atm) with revised trees and a much better rocks/fakestones setup including cool textures. I doubt I'll be taking it further as I learned what I was chasing and the info is stored in my grey matter for future use heh heh. I use the grass5.tgo that turned up in the presets package and I re-planted a tall Walli dry grass over top of that which I didn't do well in the first iteration. Also I fixed the too radical colour variation on the trees and the're looking much better. The fakestones, for a change, are not the Merged set up but a simple stack as I'd not tried just that as I was introduced to the Merge technique early on and am loathe to experiment when I have a working technique happening. The lovely clouds are an un altered application of the Large Cumulous Clouds in the preset package. Thanks for the input though...always appreciated.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well here's how it turned out. Going to call this done with lessons learned. Thanks for looking and comments.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

KlausK

I like the second picture much better. The structures on the stones are nice and believable.
To my taste the trees are having too of a glow or luminosity or translucency or whatever that may be.
But the you took a some out and moved some of them back a little bit was a good decision, I think.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bobbystahr

Quote from: KlausK on October 09, 2017, 08:07:05 AM
I like the second picture much better. The structures on the stones are nice and believable.
To my taste the trees are having too of a glow or luminosity or translucency or whatever that may be.
But the you took a some out and moved some of them back a little bit was a good decision, I think.
Cheers, Klaus

actually I didn't touch the texture, the trees are loaded default from the freebie file from XFROG, I just repopulated till I got something I liked and to get rid of that insistent 0, 0, 0 tree that will pop up in the middle of some scenes. Thanks on the rock texture, turns out 2 of the PF's came unnoticed disconnected, easily solved to good effect. The tree glow you see is from the sun facing camera and if I dull that the scene becomes too dark and not nice if I add too much GI assistance.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New