Arctic Sunset with Radar Station

Started by bobbystahr, October 15, 2017, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on October 18, 2017, 05:14:49 PM
Dunno what sun setting is....I did a simple edit for exposure decrease, and it looks about same atmo as previous. I like the composition of this. Noise swirls in snow terrrrrific!

hmm, thanks, and maybe it's not what I was aiming at but still a bit good then...needs stones though
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You can work this out nicely, IMO. Why not add some billowy (or mix 1) displacements after compute terrain of 1-2m high (maybe bigger), and perhaps a layer with rough stones, then use the last surface shader to add snow and displacement intersect. You'll get nice dark rocks and smooth snow remains between them.
I'll fix you a sample.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 19, 2017, 02:29:32 AM
You can work this out nicely, IMO. Why not add some billowy (or mix 1) displacements after compute terrain of 1-2m high (maybe bigger), and perhaps a layer with rough stones, then use the last surface shader to add snow and displacement intersect. You'll get nice dark rocks and smooth snow remains between them.

got a test running atm of something similar. If it finishes before I pass out I'll put it up tonite , otherwise in the AM
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist