Expanse (image)

Started by Kadri, October 07, 2017, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I wanted to make a kind of nebula image (because of Denis :) ) that changed to a 24 second small animation.
It is animated in Hitfilm. The animation is here :
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23678.msg239576.html#new

There is still grain in the image but somehow i liked it as it is.
The video is a little blurrier unfortunately.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Denis Sirenko

Hah, cool experiment. This nebula is of a completely different type, similar to the initial phase of a supernova explosion. I have two questions. The first is how much time it took to create this animation in Hitfilm. Secondly -- is it possible to see the result of the rendering of Terragen? And the third - how did you get the flow direction from one center?

Kadri

Thanks and yes i wanted it to be different then your nebula's Denis :)
It just ended too much different then i wanted in the beginning and got in a different place.
I didn't use your setup. It was just a basic cloud with 3 lights basically in Terragen.

The scene is made up from one render only (below "Raw"). You can see the later stages from Hitfilm mostly.

*I made "mask_1.jpg" with distortion effects in Hitfilm.

*test02_1.jpg: Combined with the edited Raw.

*The 3  "Test07" series are tests that i didn't liked so much (i think most people would prefer them instead of the finished animated one)

*The 3 "Untitled" series images are made in Hitfilm from the "test07_1_1.jpg"  image.
  Then i animated those 3 images with "bulge" (kind of lens effect) and 2 vortex effects etc. and parallax for all 3 layers separately and made
  a composite from these images (These images below does show only 1 layer active).

*In the last stage i scaled some layers of the same image in time and the composited ones and added some bulge and different effects to most layers and 3 stars and background etc.

According to the file date stamps it took 3-4 day from Terragen to the video.
But the Hitfilm part is more or less actually 1 day or so.
Hope this helps.

Just be aware that Hitfilm Pro 3 does have a blurry render output problem. Not always but i get that problem most of the time.
Hitfilm is very easy to use and i like it. But it sucks in that aspect. I haven't upgraded to version 4 just because of this problem.
I worked, rendered all in 4K because of this and scaled down, sharpened the output.
I have asked about the blurry output problem in the new version.
But after one week still no answer in the Hitfilm forum.
But you know you can do the same things in "After effects", Nuke, Fusion etc. easily too.

Denis Sirenko

This topic can be used as a short and understandable tutorial for creating animations based on a static bitmap image. Thanks for this.

otakar