Coastal Reef

Started by Lady of the Lake, October 18, 2017, 10:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

TG4 Creative
Terrain by Danny G; small palm by X-Frog, date palm (sorry don't know); reeds by Dune, bush by Wali (I think).

I read on a post where someone had used a much higher setting to render than I do, so thought I would try that and see what happened.  AA12, detail 1.  49 hour render!!!.   :)   Don't think I will be doing that again.   :o

Dune

That's awfully long indeed, but the quality is obvious, so it's worth the time. One of your best, I think. You could try (a crop) with AA8 and detail 0.6, check out differences in time and quality. I bet the rendertime would be 1/4 or even much less.

luvsmuzik

This is a beautiful render. I hope those hurricanes are done done and done!  :)

masonspappy

Yeah, that is a lovely render. (worth waiting 2 days for  :)    )

bobbystahr

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on October 18, 2017, 10:19:35 PM
  49 hour render!!!.   :)   Don't think I will be doing that again.   :o

Heh heh I did one of those, a 50 hr render for Andy a while back and one of my own weighed in at 42 hours due to tons of glass objects and in all cases it is worth the time. This is your best, in many ways, to date.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

J_Con

KlausK

This looks very good. A beautiful softness in the landscape, the sky and the colours. I like the composition quite a lot.
And the sujet itself is a nice diversion from the more common mountain ranges. Well done!

One or two remarks if you don`t mind: if it wasn`t for the long render time I could imagine the point of view a little bit lower, perhaps.
Just to see what difference it would make...
The second thing that I would work on (if it was my project) is the palmtree in the foreground.
Its edges seem very sharp and the white of the bark is very shiny. This is something one could tackle in post (Photoshop or so).
In compositing there is this thing called light wrap. It is a technique to integrate elements onto a background.
If you are interested and do not know the term just google it if you like.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

fleetwood

I like the mood of your render and the diffused lighting.

The "someone" with the render settings may have been me, as I was recently asked what I used on the "Hillside" render. Although I used AA12 and Detail 1,  I wasn't intending to recommend those settings. I tend to play with settings to "see for myself, what will happen" especially if rendering overnight.

I like to first test high settings on very small test crops of some important area, something maybe just a couple inches wide, and see how slow it may be and if the result is good.
Those little crop renders could allow you quickly to determine if high settings are worthwhile.

Lady of the Lake

Thanks for looking everyone.  Klaus...I will check out the light wrap effect.  Thanks for the tip.  Fleetwood....I will try the higher setting on just a crop next time to see if I want to "experience" the total again.   ;D

mhaze

Lovely render, definitely one of your best.