Vheight display

Started by 3D Lunatic, October 16, 2017, 06:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Lunatic

In Terragen tutorials, it says:

"Adjust your camera as needed so that it is looking at the nearby ground and then move down as close to your terrain as you can without going under it. Remember to use the Vheight display to check your height above the terrain."

Now I know where to find the coordinates and slope info of the point where my cursor is pointing, but I don't know where it shows the Vheight for the camera. Could someone please enlighten me? I've been looking for this Vheight display without success. Thank you!

KlausK

Never used this feature, but...

when you hover with your mouse pointer over the 3D preview window, to the right from the function buttons
in the windows status bar you see some parameters: x: 123m / y:432m / z:234m and slope:0.00 for example.
Now press the middle mouse button while your mouse pointer is over the 3D preview window and the parameters
change to Vx, Vy, Vz, and Vheight respectively. There it is  :o.
Cheers, Klaus

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

3D Lunatic

bobbystahr

Also under view: gives all cursor relayed data.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

3D Lunatic

Ah yes, good to know! Thank you kindly.

bobbystahr

Quote from: 3D Lunatic on October 16, 2017, 05:35:28 PM
Ah yes, good to know! Thank you kindly.

took me a while to find it but now I keep it open most of the time when positioning stuff and deciding on what goes where texture wise.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist