Another Take on a scene featuring....

Started by bobbystahr, October 25, 2017, 01:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...Ade's lovely balloon with my bag texture, 2 Dune grasses and Walli's Summer Poplar
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Very nice. I like the ground structure and grasses, though near the far end, some are floating. Did you attach to last shader, and/or attach an extra compute normal and set rotation?

N-drju

Good clouds and overall nice effect. But the balloon texture spoils the view just like this guy who doesn't know what he's doing there. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 26, 2017, 03:28:16 AM
Very nice. I like the ground structure and grasses, though near the far end, some are floating. Did you attach to last shader, and/or attach an extra compute normal and set rotation?

An ooops there, forgot rotate to terrain thing....sigh. I do have a hanging compute terrain for anchor.
Didn't put a C&C as I've moved on as in this iteration the balloon tex doesn't work. Previously I had it back lit with the Sun and that worked better.
Thanks for the input guys.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Nice mood, Bobby, Are you going to update?

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on October 26, 2017, 11:58:14 AM
Nice mood, Bobby, Are you going to update?

I may go back to a previously working iteration but am on another tack atm, thanks for the interest.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

This is the previous render in this series which I actually prefer; may re do it at higher res.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Before you do I would take this guys head off that tree  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 29, 2017, 02:29:49 AM
Before you do I would take this guys head off that tree  ;)

heh heh, as he seems to be taking a whizz I was thinking of repositioning him,rotated slightly facing a tree...hee hee hee....yup that was one thing to fix.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Hmm.. still don't think the balloon colors look that way. :-\
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 30, 2017, 06:11:41 AM
Hmm.. still don't think the balloon colors look that way. :-\

And your reason for thinking that is? I am using an image map of my own, not the one Ade supplied with the model.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

It's just that the coloring seems very grainy. Maybe this is a question of AA or resolution, I don't know.

Anyway, consider the picture below. I always imagine balloons to have more refined and organized color patterns. Not to say that there's anything wrong with your idea. ;) It's just that my eye is not used to it.

[attach=1]

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 31, 2017, 02:47:06 AM
It's just that the coloring seems very grainy. Maybe this is a question of AA or resolution, I don't know.

Anyway, consider the picture below. I always imagine balloons to have more refined and organized color patterns. Not to say that there's anything wrong with your idea. ;) It's just that my eye is not used to it.

[attach=1]

heh heh, well you may have noticed I'm very much a nonconformist and if everyone is doing something only because everyone else is doing it I tend to go the other or another direction
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Kind of good approach I'd say. Me too. ;)

Example? 30 years old and not using snapchat. ::)

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 31, 2017, 03:02:21 AM
Kind of good approach I'd say. Me too. ;)

Example? 30 years old and not using snapchat. ::)

69...what's snapchat, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New