clumped square noise

Started by mhaze, October 26, 2017, 07:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

If you are interested, the colour adjust take place inside the Square noise node.

Example images: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23730.0.html

fleetwood

bobbystahr

Ditto on the thanks for the share, snow day here so now I have something new to do between "Lucille" sessions...music and art...parts of my heart...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Very promising, thanks for sharing!

Always good to provide an image or at least a link back to the original thread of discussion, so people know what they're downloading. I've updated your post with the link: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23730.0.html

- Oshyan

mhaze

Thanks Oshyan,  I will try to remember in future.

SILENCER

Looks fantastic.
That square noise is pretty impressive.
Looking at the node network for that, my eyes just glaze over.
I don't know how you ever figured that out, but it's seriously useful to the entire TG community.
Is it possible for the TG architects to adapt that node build into a functional shader, so us non-math types would have easier access to its utility? That would be seriously boss.

What adds to a lot of the visual clutter is the way Terragen names things. I realize the end user has the power to change all that, but the entire 1_1_1_1 thing becomes quite akin to an episode of Hoarders when you're deep in the rabbit hole...there's shit all lover the place.

mhaze

You should thank Hetzen he created the basic node tree - took me a long time to analyse what was going on too!

Hetzen

Thanks for the plug Mhaze.

The original clip file is attached with a few labels to help see what's doing what. I should update it at some stage, I've had another version I was working on a while back.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: SILENCER on October 27, 2017, 09:19:32 AM
Looks fantastic.
That square noise is pretty impressive.
Looking at the node network for that, my eyes just glaze over.
I don't know how you ever figured that out, but it's seriously useful to the entire TG community.
Is it possible for the TG architects to adapt that node build into a functional shader, so us non-math types would have easier access to its utility? That would be seriously boss.

What adds to a lot of the visual clutter is the way Terragen names things. I realize the end user has the power to change all that, but the entire 1_1_1_1 thing becomes quite akin to an episode of Hoarders when you're deep in the rabbit hole...there's shit all lover the place.

Doubled over laughing. ;D I assumed one must have the commercial version to even get a 1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_ shader......before I got a clue that it was a copy paste thing. Kind of like the ANY key..... ;D ;D

@Hetzen...thanks for the newest clip!

N-drju

Quote from: luvsmuzik on October 30, 2017, 12:46:59 PM

Doubled over laughing. ;D I assumed one must have the commercial version to even get a 1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_ shader......before I got a clue that it was a copy paste thing. Kind of like the ANY key..... ;D ;D

Guess you're that kind of person who still types User: user, Password: password to log on the computer? ;D

Hetzen + mhaze, thank you. That's a nice thing to have in the library.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Quote from: N-drju on October 31, 2017, 03:14:41 AM

Guess you're that kind of person who still types User: user, Password: password to log on the computer? ;D

Yep, yep! Haven't had this much fun since keying some game code into a cassette recorder so my monsters could use the b/w tv to play a video game. Besides everybody knows, it is 1User & 2Password (must include at least one character now  ;D )