Recent experiments (by lack of a better title)

Started by Dune, October 28, 2017, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Tried some square rock again. WIP.

mhaze

Denis Sirenko

Like. Very naturalistic look, naturally view. I want to look up, see that upstairs.

bobbystahr

Not so much square there but great wildness...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

New iterations...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 29, 2017, 02:28:35 AM
New iterations...

Wow even better wildness...really like the overhang you achieved in the 2nd one where the dude is...it's in the very 1st on but in the distance and not so obvious I think...a bit distant.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Stormlord

Well done, also the Cave men gives a  good impression about the dimensions of the hills.

STORMLORD

zaxxon

fleetwood

Like the good simulation of sandstone or limestone.

René

Denis Sirenko

An excellent view! I like these angles more than in the first version. Especially SquareRock_27-10-17-v1-2.

And still it would be possible to make a powerful compositional improvement - to focus the viewer's attention on something specific. Because now there are so many interesting things that my view jumps from place to place.

For example, in the picture SquareRock_27-10-17-v1-2: structure on the right (with a person and with interesting forms), the structure in the center (because is the center and is a separate independent and interesting rhythmic structure of four rocks) and the platform below (closest and brightest form).

In the picture SquareRock_27-10-17-v1-cam2 my attention is equally attracted: an unusual platform on the right with a man, a solid foundation on the left, and a lonely sad big tree in the center. Also, everything is interesting and not very clear, what is the main thing, what the artist points me to.

I think that here you can make a whole series of illustrations for demonstrating forms of different types.

Dune

You are surely right, Denis. Thanks for your comment. I often tend to render the 'whole area', but I should pay more attention to simplicity in composition, clear shapes and lines of view.
In my painting I got the remark years ago that I put too much stuff into one painting. I guess the same goes for my renders.

bobbystahr

I kinda agree with Denis' comment but not as a complaint except maybe that I wind up spending too much time exploring your renders. Too much for some folks maybe but I say bring on the details...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New