Found and finally finished this

Started by bobbystahr, October 29, 2017, 09:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Was working on this way back in TG2 and was inspired by the dismal weather heer to finish it and at least warm my eyes...C&C O K
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Are they papyrus or small palms? I think they need more light and translucency.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 30, 2017, 03:21:06 AM
Are they papyrus or small palms? I think they need more light and translucency.

The lower cover is the young Cabbage palm and the main growth is the medium Palmetto while the single "hero" palm was a Palma bend subdev that I suspect was a shared .obj I made into a .tgo but have forgotten where/who I got it from; and the stretched out one came from Lightning and it's Coco nucifera by species.

I agree re: translucency and there's some overblown specularity on the Palma bend subdev one that needs fixing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's a 'fixed' version, added some Dune grass and a Walli fern pop as well as tweaking textures.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Cabbage palms are the best. The palm in the first plane has a nice windy appearance to it. Morning sea breeze.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Yes, that's much better. Now the shed needs some less dark poles, I think. They are very conspicuous. And I would reduce choppiness of the sea a bit, though I like the reflections. Some people on the beach?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 31, 2017, 03:10:20 AM
Yes, that's much better. Now the shed needs some less dark poles, I think. They are very conspicuous. And I would reduce choppiness of the sea a bit, though I like the reflections. Some people on the beach?
Yeah I agree, that's the way the model came, I probably have better textures. Unfortunately I have no appropriate people, the freebies we have are far too civilized.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I acted on all the advice and after long struggles with the water I decreased the cloud cover somewhat and got water I like. C&C welcome but unless it's something glaring someone sees that I missed this is done for now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on November 01, 2017, 12:38:42 PM
Much improved. Nice one  :)

Thanks, Dune's advice is always worth following.....if you can...this time I could.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You nailed it, Bobby. Water is great now, cabin is nice, and I especially like the smooth part where the boat was pulled upshore. Might be coincidental, but it works.

mhaze

Nice work! Just the place to retire to!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 02, 2017, 03:28:59 AM
You nailed it, Bobby. Water is great now, cabin is nice, and I especially like the smooth part where the boat was pulled upshore. Might be coincidental, but it works.

happy you noticed that,,,it's a wee bit of neg displacement from a paint shader stroke and wasn't sure if it was obvious enough.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That sort of subtlety is often very important to get a sense of reality.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 02, 2017, 12:27:01 PM
That sort of subtlety is often very important to get a sense of reality.

Yeah, it bothers me when folks don't bother with a 2 second tweak
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New