Lake

Started by J_Con, October 30, 2017, 04:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Con

N-drju

J_Con, very sorry to hear about that problem. :( I know it hurts and even if not, it is always an annoying problem.

But I think you should change the name of this thread. :D The moment I read "Failure_Lake" I thought it's just some kind of a very shabby, bootleg-quality render that you decided to share with us. Not an SSD issue. ;D

These images are fun. This one is the most beautiful. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

J_Con

Thanks N-drju, I will change them all.

luvsmuzik

You are doing some fantastic renders. Progressing nicely, carry on!

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on October 30, 2017, 04:50:49 AM
Relates to: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23743.0.html
[attach=1]

The snow version of I'm guessing this image in the series is also first rate. Hope you can recall your process for that for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

J_Con

Thank you luvsmuzik, I will indeed!.

bobbystahr, I suppose in a way that is the true value of Art, the journey,exploration and the knowledge gained? I have lost a lot of data, but gained a lot of knowledge. The universe equalizing itself perhaps, heheh.

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on October 30, 2017, 02:01:08 PM
The universe equalizing itself perhaps, heheh.

Indeed, as it will, I lost 13 years worth of my life in 2010(everything including back up drives,went out the window/major crisis)but you'd not know that to date except I lost a lot of losers from my mailing list heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I sympathize with you, losing data is very frustrating. Backup is essential.

I liked your renders mostly; the desert stones are really nice, and in this one I especially like the lower half. Grassy shore vegetation is super. The mountain itself...mmmmm, I think you can do a better mountain.

J_Con

Thanks Dune.
I built that mountain in WM. The other side of the mountain is the Hero side. I had already built the foreground before I imported the mountain but when I imported it I found I couldn't rotate it to the desired angle, I could flipx or flipy (bobbystahr)but no combination got the hero side to where I wanted it, so I settled for the poor looking backside and learned a lesson.
I will revisit this concept and make changes. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on October 31, 2017, 03:54:01 AM
Thanks Dune.
I built that mountain in WM. The other side of the mountain is the Hero side. I had already built the foreground before I imported the mountain but when I imported it I found I couldn't rotate it to the desired angle, I could flipx or flipy (bobbystahr)but no combination got the hero side to where I wanted it, so I settled for the poor looking backside and learned a lesson.
I will revisit this concept and make changes. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

You cold always put your camera facing the hero side.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

J_Con

bobbystahr, pretty much the last thing I did was import the mountain, as I couldn't rotate it, only flip it, it meant the camera as was wouldn't face the hero side at the correct angle.
If I had of moved the camera from the position it was in I would have had to move all the foreground objects also. Moving the foreground objects would have been painful.
I would like to think the foreground looks somewhat random but I had spent a lot of time deliberately placing bright objects in front of dark objects and vice versa, to prevent, as much as possible the greens all merging into one. I hope nobody noticed, but if you look at the trees in the foreground, they are nearly all, bright/dark/bright/dark. I have looked at some of the mountains you guys do and i am not there yet. TG is a hard task master.