Dune-Spotting

Started by bobbystahr, October 31, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Went to check out the XFROG samples page while checking my links and spotted a Dune/Ulco render as the header...Congrats on that man...

http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I don't think that's mine.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 31, 2017, 12:56:51 PM
I don't think that's mine.

really? it looks like one of your boats.

damn, I just went there and it's changed...it was a stern shot of a boat on a river and I was certain you'd posted something similar here.

And now I went there and saw luc's amazing rows of flowers image...guess they have their gallery in slide show mode for the header.

Surfed IOTD gallery and found it was
http://xfrog.com/gallery/albums/landscapes/roman-river-transport-ulco-glimmerveen.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

jaf

Just press F5 to refresh and a new image will show.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

bobbystahr

Quote from: jaf on October 31, 2017, 03:52:48 PM
Just press F5 to refresh and a new image will show.

Yeah did that at first but there are a lot t go thru so I simplified my clicking
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

cyphyr

and it says ©Ulco  bottom left so I'm pretty sure it is one of our Dunes :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

DannyG

They look like speedtree's thou?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

They're a weird bunch at XFrog anyway. I was going to be featured artist half a year ago or so, and did some special new (XFrog) work, but they never responded or used it. On the other hand they steal work from here or anywhere to showcase their plants, while the plants shown are (indeed) not XFrog at all.
So, if you can get ST, do so!

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on November 01, 2017, 03:38:32 AM
On the other hand they steal work from here or anywhere to showcase their plants, while the plants shown are (indeed) not XFrog at all.

Absolutely! Now that you mention it. They used two of my images as well (without asking as far as I remember), and I'm quite sure one of them was created before Xfrog even existed.

Dune

Yeah, also saw some of Doug's, which are ST too.

DannyG

I have dealt with the XFrog many times, I have never had a problem with them, perhaps they have an intern or someone non experienced collecting images?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

Quote from: Danny on November 01, 2017, 06:20:22 PM
I have dealt with the XFrog many times, I have never had a problem with them, perhaps they have an intern or someone non experienced collecting images?

I just dropped them some lines. This is really confusing. They have great stuff, and I think I have (won :))) their whole collection.
I accidentally found my images there, after one of my kids decided to google my name (which I usually don't do...).

zaxxon

I've scratched my head a few times seeing my Speedtree work pop up on xfrog's site as well, but what the heck exposure is exposure. I have a great deal of respect for the company and it's products, some of the models are both technically superb and beautiful as well. The Modeler is dated and lacks the flexibility of Speedtree, I'd guess that it's not going to be developed further given the competition.

bobbystahr

Wow what a controversy...and I just wanted to KUDO Ulco's fine work...ain't life weird; and usually when least expected.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New