Classic Erosion plugin

Started by Daniil, November 03, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

You could add another shader and set different output, but use the same parameters. There will likely be a little difference, but it might work.

WAS

Yes, and I currently do that, but considering the limit of three channels and needing to do that, it would be handy to be able to simply offload the maps to TIFF and load them via image map shader or w/e. It also would allow post processing on maps.

Dune

If you offload to tiffs, you can easily shift between masks and offload each in turn (ortho render).

WAS

Quote from: Dune on May 17, 2018, 01:14:50 AM
If you offload to tiffs, you can easily shift between masks and offload each in turn (ortho render).

Would love access to the ortho camera, but that's specifically disabled for Free so I can't use TG to export things, even though at small resolution anything exported would be nearly useless for most applications, except to see that TG can appropriately do it for a users instance.

bsm3d

Thanks for such great plug-in !

WAS

I've been having a issue where if I render without eroding Terragen will crash as soon as the "Erosion Progress" starts. I have to erode before I render. I usually do this naturally anyway but simetimes I'll forget.  The plugin/tg has never crashed when starting the erosion process outside of a render.

Come to think of it, I actually don't remember this being a issue when I was on the free version on 4.1.11 or whatever it was when I hadn't realized there was an update cause he update feature is down.

Daniil

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 26, 2018, 10:44:22 PM
I've been having a issue where if I render without eroding Terragen will crash as soon as the "Erosion Progress" starts.
Thank you for the report. I actually have fixed this bug recently and am fixing another bug at this moment. As soon I'll fix it I'll upload new version.

Daniil

bobbystahr

Quote from: blinkfrog on May 27, 2018, 03:07:17 AM
I've been having a issue where if I render without eroding Terragen will crash as soon as the "Erosion Progress" starts.
Thank you for the report. I actually have fixed this bug recently and am fixing another bug at this moment. As soon I'll fix it I'll upload new version.

Daniil

good to know
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: blinkfrog on May 27, 2018, 03:07:17 AM

Daniil

Awesome! Glad to know it was easily found.

Daniil

Classic Erosion v1.0.5

- Fixed bug that caused crashes on eroding start and in some other occasions
- Fixed bug that led to incorrect displaying of wear map and deposition map after erosion datafile reading
- Minor fixes

https://daniilkamperov.com/downloads/#classic-erosion

Daniil

bobbystahr

Quote from: blinkfrog on May 29, 2018, 03:20:29 PM
Classic Erosion v1.0.5

- Fixed bug that led to incorrect displaying of wear map and deposition map after erosion datafile reading
- Minor fixes

Daniil

Thank you very much
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Wow what fast work! Great job! Thanks a lot.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: blinkfrog on May 29, 2018, 03:20:29 PM
Classic Erosion v1.0.5

- Minor fixes

Daniil

Thanks Danill!  Does this mean that Flow, Wear, and Deposition are actually correctly saved in the .erd file, and after installing this new version of Classic Erosion that data will properly load?  OR do I need to re-erode my terrain and save a new .erd file?  Some of my 16k erosions take 2 hours so that's why I am wondering.

Derek

Daniil

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on November 03, 1974, 09:07:34 PM
Thanks Danill!  Does this mean that Flow, Wear, and Deposition are actually correctly saved in the .erd file, and after installing this new version of Classic Erosion that data will properly load?
Derek
Yes, it does.  :) You don't need to reerode.

Daniil

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Sweet!  I am doing my final renderings right now, so it's perfect timing!  Now I can just load my scenes and the erosion data loads right in from the .erd file.

I have never used the other two maps (Streamline Map, and Water Depth Map).  Do those get saved in the .erd file as well?  How do you use those?

Derek