Classic Erosion plugin

Started by Daniil, November 03, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

The new erosion model looks really nice :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on August 20, 2018, 08:13:57 PM
The new erosion model looks really nice :)

It does and fun to work with the new features..well done Daniil
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks very much Daniil! Looks wonderful and very useful.  :)

mhaze

WAS

Wowzers! Lots to play with! Thanks a lot! Going to check it out.

Daniil

Thank you Matt,
thank you guys,

I like this new erosion too. BTW, it can be used for some other effects, for example, for snow cover and glaciers.

Daniil

cyphyr

Getting a CTD every time I use the Classic Erosion plug-in. I am running the latest Frontier version of Terragen (build 4.3.00 frontier) with the licensed version of Classic Erosion 1.1.

[edit: Still CTD with a fresh re-install of both the plug-in and Terragen]
[edit 2: Works properly when reverting to Terragen build 4.2.01 frontier (Terragen_4_Win64_42011.exe)]
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

I have the same problems as Richard described above.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Oshyan

Might be some breaking changes in 4.3 to the SDK. Please report any issues running 4.3 in the specific alpha discussion area.

- Oshyan

mhaze

Struggling to mask erosion particularly when you try to mask terrain with an altitude below 0.

bobbystahr

I get frequent CTD episodes and I'm still using an older version of TG 4.1.25 so I'm thinking some kind of bug in the plugin as the same scene minus the plugin's input doesn't CTD. At first I thought it might be this under powered DELL I'm using while the workstation is out of commission hence the test.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Daniil

Quote from: cyphyr on August 25, 2018, 04:04:46 AM
Getting a CTD every time I use the Classic Erosion plug-in. I am running the latest Frontier version of Terragen (build 4.3.00 frontier) with the licensed version of Classic Erosion 1.1.
[edit: Still CTD with a fresh re-install of both the plug-in and Terragen]
[edit 2: Works properly when reverting to Terragen build 4.2.01 frontier (Terragen_4_Win64_42011.exe)]
Thank you very much for the report.

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 26, 2018, 08:28:04 AM
I get frequent CTD episodes and I'm still using an older version of TG 4.1.25
Could you please say what event cause CTD? Adding Classic Erosion? Eroding? Rendering?

Quote from: mhaze on August 26, 2018, 03:31:57 AM
Struggling to mask erosion particularly when you try to mask terrain with an altitude below 0.
Hm. It seems all works ok for me. Note that last versions of Classic Erosionuse standard Terragen-style for mask (you need to insert "Calculate normal" or "Calculate terrain", connected to main input of Classic Erosion node, and, say, Distribution shader, connected to Mask input. This distribution shader doesn't require any input to work correctly).

Daniil