Author Topic: Classic Erosion - quick parameters reference guide  (Read 2944 times)

Offline blinkfrog

Re: Classic Erosion - quick parameters reference guide
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
I already mentioned a trick allowing to imitate orographic precipitation. Here is simpler version: you can literally focus precipitation to a certain spot using Simple Shape shader.

Here is a scene where this trick (Simple Shape shader as a precipitation mask) is used to get nice volcano. The real physics behind this is next: imagine high stratovolcano mountain near ocean. There is a big amount of wet air, that is constantly condensed on a cold top of this mountain (just like an air conditioner gathers water from the air) in a form of rain or snow (which is melted by sun). This results in a prominent erosion of mountain sides.

This is my old scene, just a bit modified to look better at 1024 resolution (so it is compatible with a free version of Classic Erosion). Sample pic is got using 1024 resolution too.
You can use higher Erosion scale to get more dramatic and "mountain" look. Parameters also can be modified to use erosion without mask trick.

Daniil

Offline jackblack

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:38 AM »
""Render water surface" - renders surface of water in Rivers mode. Note that this surface is still opaque, to render transparent water surface you need to add additional layer of water and to use "Water depth" map to restore original river bed. I'll show later how to do it."
How is this done?

Offline gao_jian11

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
When is the complete classic erosion user manual coming?

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 12:43:52 AM »
""Render water surface" - renders surface of water in Rivers mode. Note that this surface is still opaque, to render transparent water surface you need to add additional layer of water and to use "Water depth" map to restore original river bed. I'll show later how to do it."
How is this done?

Echo
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Offline blinkfrog

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 08:17:00 PM »
How is this done?

Echo

In short, you need to add additional spherical object having exactly the same position and size as main planet. Use Water depth map as opacity mask - this forces this sphere to be rendered only where real water is, this greatly improves render time. Use Surface layer with Water shader as child layer to render this sphere. You need to enable "Render water surface". To ged river bed you need to "restore" actual river bed by displacing flat water surface by "Water depth" map.

This should work. In fact, this works, but with problems. This is why I delayed explanation - I hoped to figure what's wrong in this scheme. Sometimes where are multiple bright green sparks in the scene. I remember I created simple scene with simple river to upload here, but it was all in green sparks. It seems this depends on camera position and direction.
Here I attached other scene, in the most cases it is rendered ok, but sometimes the sparks are still there.
If someone finds what's wrong here, I'll be very grateful.

This scene is designed for 2048 resolution (my favorite resolution for rivers; higher resolution isn't needed usually if "Render HF details" is enabled"; but this scene can be loaded to free version - resolution is reset to 1024 then.

When is the complete classic erosion user manual coming?
I am still slowly working on it, please excuse me for long delay. For now please ask me without hesitation if something isn't clear - here in forum, via PM or email, I'll provide detail explanation, possibly with .tgd files.

Daniil
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:19:00 PM by blinkfrog »

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »
Thanks very much for the explanation and the demo scene...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

anything