Unexplored - Finally some good clouds from me !

Started by Jgone, November 07, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgone

Hey peeps !
Wanted to share my latest render here because i finally succeeded in getting somewhat good looking clouds !
I know they're not completely realistic yet, but i think they look damn good.
Clouds have been my weakness for a long time, so naturally i'm extremely happy about how these generic clouds turned up !

Let me know what you think ! :)

fleetwood

Looks nice with interesting structures. To my taste, the exposure or cloud color is pretty high and so maybe losing detail that could otherwise be shown.

Jgone

Quote from: fleetwood on November 07, 2017, 01:37:02 PM
Looks nice with interesting structures. To my taste, the exposure or cloud color is pretty high and so maybe losing detail that could otherwise be shown.

I totally understand what you mean. Perhaps there was too much brightness added in post. Glad you like it tho ! :)

J_Con

Nice job! I agree with the exposure issue on the cloud. The foreground is really nice. Real stones mixed with fake ?

Jgone

Quote from: J_Con on November 07, 2017, 10:41:50 PM
Nice job! I agree with the exposure issue on the cloud. The foreground is really nice. Real stones mixed with fake ?

The two stones that are peaking out of the water hard to be tweaked in post process, i added a normal stone texture on top of em.
Rest of the stones are fake stones. Good eye ! :) Glad you like the pic !

luvsmuzik

Fascinating! i appreciate the translucency color of the cloud and the formation is great! Terrain features add a nice surprise everywhere I look! Great job!

bobbystahr

Agree on the blown out clouds, they've lost detail; but I am really curious how you made the hole in that island.....cool render idea.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jgone

It wasn't actually hard at all. Took a bit tinkering.

Basically there was one piece of land added (positioned with painted shader).
Then the arc is basically a couple of object cubes with the same power fractal surface shader.

Extremely simple and fun to create !