Exploring

Started by fleetwood, November 08, 2017, 03:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

First exploration of Classic Erosion plugin that is.

xfrog vegs
Dune heather
R2 - Video Copilot

Ariel DK

The sand shader is very nice :)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

kaedorg

Dune

Yes, sand is great, rocks are very nice, but the erosion part isn't very visible, if I'm not insulting you   ::)

fleetwood

Thanks all,

Yes the erosion is very mild, showing up mostly as foreground deposition. Just a very first crude trial with this new Classic Erosion tool.

For comparison purposes I have rendered the exact same tgd, but without the erosion applied at all, resulting in R2D2 learning to fly  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on November 09, 2017, 01:04:22 PM
Thanks all,

Yes the erosion is very mild, showing up mostly as foreground deposition. Just a very first crude trial with this new Classic Erosion tool.

For comparison purposes I have rendered the exact same tgd, but without the erosion applied at all, resulting in R2D2 learning to fly  :)

heh heh heh, he's just low G jumping for Joy...nice to see it both ways and I prefer the eroded one, it's a good effect. I really like what y did with the fakestones.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

;D Would be cool if you could find a spot where you could see some distinct sand runoffs off those mountains.

N-drju

R2D2 could fly. He had some tiny jetpacks in his wheel compartment, remember? ;)

Both renders look interesting. Deserts are beautiful.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"