Masking a Fractal Warp shader

Started by AP, November 08, 2017, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

I know this had been brought to attention many times before and I could not find any answers through the search tab. I want to mask the Fractal warp shader using a Surface layer shader. So far, everything I had tried has no effect along elevation or slope.

Dune

I don't think that works. Just like with the smooth filter, you'd have to merge 2 lines of displacements by a mask, where one would have the warp/smooth shader.

AP

Quote from: Dune on November 09, 2017, 02:32:37 AM
I don't think that works. Just like with the smooth filter, you'd have to merge 2 lines of displacements by a mask, where one would have the warp/smooth shader.

This is what I have done so far but this can not be correct.

N-drju

From what I can see here, the fractal warp shader is not masked at all...? ;)

What do you exactly need that for AP, what effect you are after?

My guess would be to plug the warp shader into surface layer as a "child" and only then, mask the surface layer. But it's hard to tell, not knowing what you need it for.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

AP

Quote from: N-drju on November 09, 2017, 03:56:41 AM
From what I can see here, the fractal warp shader is not masked at all...? ;)

What do you exactly need that for AP, what effect you are after?

My guess would be to plug the warp shader into surface layer as a "child" and only then, mask the surface layer. But it's hard to tell, not knowing what you need it for.

Correct. I overlooked that part.

I am attempting to add some slope detail, nothing more. That being said, I think I have another solution.

Dune

That setup would be first try indeed. I can't get it to work either. This would be the only option, but you need some displacement before warping. You can feed the terrain into it, but that's too much displacement.