Beach - Back to TG

Started by kaedorg, November 09, 2017, 03:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Hi

I'm back with Terragen after a break of 2 years (renovating a complete house).
This one is still on TG3 as grass and brushes don't populate properly with TG4.
I try to work the colours on the rocks to be as close as it is here in Brittany
Still a WIP waiting to improve it with TG4

David

N-drju

THIS is a WIP...? You're kidding me, right? :P

The rocks are just fantastic... man! How did you do it? Classic PF or something more than that?

You could perhaps use some small clouds on the sky. And of course you need to create the wet sand borderline on the shore and underwater. :) But the one on the land looks quite realistic in terms of shape.

And some blonde beauty taking a dip in the water. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

René

Great rocks and vegetation. The water can still use some attention, but it is a work in progress of course.

Dune

Welcome back, David. Two years renovating is quite something, I hope it's all gone well.
Great rocks indeed, and as said, with some tweaks to water and shore, and I think also the repetition decreased in sand, it'll be terrific.

fleetwood

bobbystahr

Good to have you back and a nice WIP to announce your return...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

kaedorg

Thanks for your kind words

to improve this render, i wait for the answer of Oshyan and Matt as I can't transfer the tgd to TG4 (problem with populations)
Indeed water, sand and atmo can be improved a lot.

David

Oshyan

I need to try to source the objects that you used so I can test properly, or replace them with appropriate models. I should be able to do that by end of the weekend and then we'll get back to you.

- Oshyan

kaedorg

Thanks Oshyan
Waiting for news

David

Dune

I agree objects don't populate well on spheres or cubes, they don't take displacement into consideration.

kaedorg

Quote from: Dune on November 11, 2017, 10:48:16 AM
I agree objects don't populate well on spheres or cubes, they don't take displacement into consideration.

Is it a known problem with TG4 ? Did you get it and is it a reported problem ?
I never had such problem with TG3, and now I would need to put objects one by one if I want to replace the exact TG3 population.

David

Dune

It used to work, but I think something has slipped into TG4, just noticed it myself as well. I'll report at the alpha forum.