Prehistoric VI

Started by SILENCER, November 09, 2017, 06:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILENCER

Localized Twist and Shear for the peaks, using the surface shader as a passthough, masking that with a simple shape and connecting it to the surface's child layer.

Couple layers of secondary displacement on the peaks with blue nodes and a stretched PF, restricted to a painted shader.

Old school trees sent over from Vue.

[attachimg=1]

fleetwood

Nice lighting and atmosphere. Like this a lot.

bobbystahr

Great atmo and geometry. And,as you say old school trees, here's a link with tons of free legal XFROG veg:
http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Lighting is great, indeed. Clouds are a bit wild for me, but, hey, it's prehistoric  ;)

SILENCER

@Bobbystahr

Yeah, I have a lot of the X frog stuff, but these guys seemed to me to be the ticket for this particular image.
It's also pretty mind-blowing what you can get out of speed tree.
If TG implements alembic or even super old school MDD displacement, we can get those SpeedTree wind displacement files over and it'll change everything. It'll all snap to life.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.
Stay Frosty

bobbystahr

Quote from: SILENCER on November 10, 2017, 09:49:59 AM
@Bobbystahr

Yeah, I have a lot of the X frog stuff, but these guys seemed to me to be the ticket for this particular image.
It's also pretty mind-blowing what you can get out of speed tree.
If TG implements alembic or even super old school MDD displacement, we can get those SpeedTree wind displacement files over and it'll change everything. It'll all snap to life.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.
Stay Frosty

Gotcha...and frosty it is here in the frozen North.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Denis Sirenko

No! Do not take these trees away! There is romanticism here, and trees from Albert Bierstadt's paintings! Very cool render, with a slant in artistry. Awesome!

To not look, I'm talking about these, for example:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

SILENCER

Recreating these paintings would be an interesting TG competition

masonspappy

Quote from: SILENCER on November 11, 2017, 10:19:40 AM
Recreating these paintings would be an interesting TG competition
Hmmm....y'know I think you might be on to something there

Dune

I love these paintings, although they're quite 'kitch', and overly romanticised. I had a go at something like this about 6 years ago (without all fancy stuff that TG has today); a Bierstadt experiment. I do have another one, but can't find it.

Denis Sirenko

Well, Dune, in part you're right, I'm not ready to enter into discussions about what is considered kitsch, and where the line of romanticism is. Your example is pretty good, for some purpose it's a wonderful job too.

Stormlord

Yes, indeed they all look awesome. It triggers my imagination and that's so fatastic about these images. I love these surreal styled renderings

STORMLORD