Cirrus sunrise

Started by luvsmuzik, November 10, 2017, 06:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Remember when you were a kid in the summer when school was out. Those lazy days when time went so slow. You would bug your mom because there was nothing to do. Exasperated she would send you outside to "read the clouds" because you were bored with reading books from the library. "find me something you see up there" she would say.

What do you see?...Just some more fun... :)

luvsmuzik

Looking at Kadri's  https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24508.msg249077.html#msg249077 clouds as landscape, I remember I had tried some warps and vector displacements....in this post.

So here I have taken the warps and added them to a surface layer for the terrain (no clouds, just warps) I displaced the surface layer 50, added small fake stones too.

Question here for Matt or Oshyan, this image rendering at 0.6MPD and 6AA , default tonemap, Atmo haze 0.125. WHAT is causing the blueish film? The blue warp and greenish terrain look like they are in a level 4 haze to me.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 22, 2018, 03:51:18 PM
Question here for Matt or Oshyan, this image rendering at 0.6MPD and 6AA , default tonemap, Atmo haze 0.125. WHAT is causing the blueish film? The blue warp and greenish terrain look like they are in a leverl 4 haze to me.

I would say since your haze is 0.125, you have more colour grading by the Bluesky Density in the Atmosphere as well. You could make it less blue (it's hue input), or leave it alone, and desaturdate the tweak Bluesky Density Colour.

Though I tried to see if I could simulate this effect but my 2D cirrus are not blue. Are you using a coloured PF somewhere piped into direct light or ambient or something? Or the ambient light hue input.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 22, 2018, 03:57:25 PM
Question here for Matt or Oshyan, this image rendering at 0.6MPD and 6AA , default tonemap, Atmo haze 0.125. WHAT is causing the blueish film? The blue warp and greenish terrain look like they are in a leverl 4 haze to me.

I would say since your haze is 0.125, you have more colour grading by the Bluesky Density in the Atmosphere as well. You could make it less blue (it's hue input), or leave it alone, and desaturdate the tweak Bluesky Density Colour.

Though I tried to see if I could simulate this effect but my 2D cirrus are not blue. Are you using a coloured PF somewhere piped into direct light or ambient or something? Or the ambient light hue input.

My blue stuff is not clouds, rather just the vector displacement in a blue node warping setup. I have set that as displacement to a surface layer (no clouds). 

The image shown here now is as clouds warped with a TG preset nebula dust as planet background.

Oshyan

It looks like you're still just seeing atmosphere attenuation/color shift due to distance. I would guess your camera is fairly high up here, is that correct?

- Oshyan

Looking at Kadri's  https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24508.msg249077.html#msg249077 clouds as landscape, I remember I had tried some warps and vector displacements....in this post.

So here I have taken the warps and added them to a surface layer for the terrain (no clouds, just warps) I displaced the surface layer 50, added small fake stones too.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Oshyan on May 22, 2018, 04:37:46 PM
It looks like you're still just seeing atmosphere attenuation/color shift due to distance. I would guess your camera is fairly high up here, is that correct?

- Oshyan

Yes, camera is at 25,000.

luvsmuzik

WASasquatch...it was the blue sky density factor. Thanks!

These are just warps and vector displacement, applied previously to clouds.. , Now warping applied to terrain as a surface layer displacement and mask.

DocCharly65