Souvenirs de la Vallée d'Aspe

Started by Ulcerguts, November 10, 2017, 06:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulcerguts

Beside my problem with population placement, I'm able to produce some valuable result. Not totally convinced by it, still need some tweaks. First time I try reflection on the fake stone.
- two world machine terrain
- some xfrog plants modified by me
- one plant, don't remember where I have find it, just retextured it a little

C & C welcome

N-drju

Very colorful render with some good, delicate clouds. :)

You should change the coloring of the background mountain range though. Either by masking or through using larger feature scale for the fractal.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Ulcerguts

Thanks for your feedback, I have absolutly no merit with the clouds since they are just the cirrus by default ahah.
Yes it was the plan to create some autumn scene with vibrant colors, but not too "cheesy".

Agreed for the background mountain, I will try some masks, with larger scales it seemed not real at all.

Dune

I think it would be easier for you to start with a few 'normal'' procedural terrains in TG itself, try to make convincing landscapes out of that.

J_Con

Hi Ulcer, Nice job. I see a lot of work went into your image. Pretty much everything Terragen can do is in there. But it does have a few issues. The foreground looks very good with lots of details and color variance. If you're of a mind to change things, I would...

Give the sky a more obvious gradient from light blue to darker blue, it looks a bit flat? Remove or push back and texture the White Mountains, they look wrong. Add more color to the foreground rock, it looks very uniform. Remove the trees on vertical mountain surface on the left or change them to shrubs? I would also lower the camera angle to get more of the foreground in. Just my opinion though. As mentioned above, perhaps a simpler Terragen surface with the assets you have copy/pasted across.

I have looked at this image a few times and know how much effort went into it. Keep up the good work. Terragen is a hard task master!

Ulcerguts

Thanks for your comment, indeed there are some work behind this ahah.

I have made an improvement (I guess sort of), unfortunately haven't see your comment before, but I have changed some things you pointed out too.
Just forgot about the bushes in foreground, I know they look like a dried lettuce or a bad flocking tree ahah.

I will make this test with a more simple procedural landscape. For me the main issue here, as always, it's scale: for some reasons, the white moutain top at 7000m, that why it's hard to put a convincing texture on it (lot of "empty" space to cover).

"Give the sky a more obvious gradient from light blue to darker blue, it looks a bit flat?" totaly right, I will test that.
"Terragen is a hard task master!" Clearly and that why I like it, you had to think in a radicaly different manner than most of other soft to understand it.   

Dune

Well, this is quite an improvement. I like the rock pop that's strewn into the river. Good work.

Ulcerguts