Erosion in use

Started by Dune, November 12, 2017, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I tried low cloud following terrain, and masked by the horses (painted shader). But I broke a render like these off after nearly 5 hours, as it wasn't even halfway; just took me too long. These only took, what, 12 minutes or so.

Never mind the title, they always start differently. Daniil's erosion shader took care of the debris areas, works like a dream!

EDIT: and another one with some v3 clouds, some imaginary early amphibs and (too red) saltwort. But the erosion was what this started with.

Matt

I would love to see a brighter version of that last one. (Same lighting, just higher exposure.)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kadri

Especially the last one looks nice Ulco.

Dune

I'll up the exposure (I guess you mean in TG) on the next one. I made this in between, slightly subtler.
The animals are a bit older, I can do better ones now in ZBrush, and I might....

mhaze

Dune

Some adjustments; made the shore more goo-like, masked the waves out patchlike, added some tiny grasses, upped the exposure and made two versions in PS.

Daniil

Third pic (and variations) is so nice!

bobbystahr

I'm liking the all but the hdr rockpile most recent is tops....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Matt

I like the new foreground and some of the new clouds. I think v1 had something great happening in the lighting on the mountain, which newer versions have lost. I've emailed you with a composite - I hope you don't mind.

Matt

Dune

I think I know what you mean; in v3 I upped the exposure to 1.4 or so (your idea  ;)), and lowered the lowest cloud layer. I also think I upped the GI. The darkness of the mountains is nicer, I agree. Well, I may just expand on this.
But it's just a 'fun' picture, the real environment for these early amphibians may have been quite different, I didn't pay attention to that at all.

Matt

Thanks for allowing me to post this, Ulco. Here's what I came up with. It's a mixture of v1 and v3-hdr (painting a mask to blend between them), with some additional curves adjustments on each layer.

Oshyan

I quite like this one, especially the lighting and clouds, but also certainly the terrain.

- Oshyan

Dune

I agree, it has the best of both worlds, but I still made another version  ;) Now with a newly bred Ichtyostega, and some added prehistoric XFrog plants, some other clouds too.

Oshyan

I still really, really love the clouds. :D

- Oshyan

DannyG

Last one really hits the spot Ulco, The water is sooo perfect as well. Cheers
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram