Terragen Multiplexor Node Request

Started by Corris, November 13, 2017, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corris

[attachimg=1]

Is there a way to simulate Multiplexor work in Terragen? As I show on attached image. Something like multiplexor node needed.

I mean we need to switch between different input branches by some condition. Completely disabling another inputs to save render time. The is Enable checkbox on almost each node, but no way to operate it with animation?

We have some base templates (branches with cloud formations) and want to switch between them on new animation frame.
Can't find a way to do it.
It should be simple, but cannot find how.

Dune

You could use a mask to switch between final densities (black vs white, somehow), where the mask would be controlled by frame number or so.

Corris

Well, we try mask, and Constant Scalar inputs to make Zero density, Altitude offset, Zero Depth.
This help to improve render time but not as much as complete disabling unused branches.

Finally we make animation to move Center of clouds position far-far away from camera.
This helped! Now render time is comparable to render time when unused branches disabled.

Still would be usefull to find more easy way to disable nodes in selected frames.
Multiplexor needed! :)

Any sugesstion from Matt or Oshyan?

Oshyan

This is something that really only Matt could weigh-in on with authority. I'll see if he has a chance to do so.

- Oshyan

Corris

Thanks, we will hope for positive decision :).

Ariel DK

This can be a stupid question: what is Multiplexor? :P
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ariel DK on November 20, 2017, 10:54:22 AM
This can be a stupid question: what is Multiplexor? :P

Found on google

multiplexor
A communications device that multiplexes (combines) several signals for transmission over a single medium. A demultiplexor completes the process by separating multiplexed signals from a transmission line. Frequently a multiplexor and demultiplexor are combined into a single device capable of processing both outgoing and incoming signals.
A multiplexor is sometimes called a mux and also spelled as multiplexer.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ariel DK

indeed it was stupid... thanks for the explanation Bobby, I supposed it was something like that :)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?