bobbystahr

Found this unfinished Erosion render and finished it. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

What can I say.. perhaps some more species? It's pretty good as it is, though.

N-drju

I concur. More biological diversity please. ;) Clouds could also use a finishing touch.

I'm sure you know, but just as a reminder - there are two samples of prehistoric plants up right now on XFrog for free that could be useful here. This IS a prehistoric tree / fern right?

Rock mass looks very good to me.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 17, 2017, 02:34:29 AM
What can I say.. perhaps some more species? It's pretty good as it is, though.

Thanks that was my thought but I've only got 2 prehistoric plants from the free XFROGS..maybe some lower ferns as they seem time resistant...
The veg disguises where the ground fog comes from but I managed to get it coming out the huge fissures in the ground. That was pleasing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on November 17, 2017, 04:54:03 AM
I concur. More biological diversity please. ;) Clouds could also use a finishing touch.

I'm sure you know, but just as a reminder - there are two samples of prehistoric plants up right now on XFrog for free that could be useful here. This IS a prehistoric tree / fern right?

Rock mass looks very good to me.

heh heh, yeah, I'd focused on the ground cloud stuff and neglected the sky....yup that's one of the 2 free XFROGS. Am happy with the rock mass as well.

Trying to decide tween going pro on the classic erosion plug in or getting the prehistoric plant collection from NWDA
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 17, 2017, 09:28:30 AM
Maybe this is helpful: https://free3d.com/download-page.php?url=prehistoric-trees-29927

awesome, I knew I'd seen some free veg of the era somewhere...just hadn't made it back there yet....thanks Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

J_Con

Yeah, the general terrain looks great and the fog has a nice effect. The Green of the trees could perhaps do with some translucency and reflection? Perhaps also a slightly different composition perspective ? From low down looking up through the pines maybe? There is a lot of depth in the background. Nice job.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 17, 2017, 09:28:30 AM
Maybe this is helpful: https://free3d.com/download-page.php?url=prehistoric-trees-29927

Ooops I had been there. All the collections come loaded on one axis and I've no way to separate them so I wrote them off before...I might just suck it up and try again....or just go buy that collection at NWDA..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

I tried seperating them and got this? That is 7 individual objects now. I will continue adding bump maps etc.
I ended up with 7 total, due to leaf problems with the other one. My download has all the textures, but I had real problems adjusting specular and ambient even in Poseray.