Create Function -> Colour Shader vs. Create Shader -> Colour Shader

Started by D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet), November 21, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Are these menus doubled up just for redundant convenience, or is there some difference here I am not seeing? 

Matt

They are duplicated for convenience. They probably don't add much convenience when accessed from the right-click menu, but in other contexts (such as the "Add Surface Layer" button) they might.

By the way, I see that your sub-menus are opening right to left, which is unusual. I have used a couple of computers where this happened, and I'm not 100% sure why but I think it may be related to Wacom drivers. Do you have a Wacom installed, or do you know of any other reason why they are opening this way?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oh, yes i do have Wacom drivers installed for my intuos 4.  I am using a Nvidia GTX 980 for my video card, and have dual 24" monitors running under Windows 10 Pro.  If you need help diagnosing this menu behavior, I can do any tests you need me to try.

Derek

Matt

Thanks. Do you also have it in left-handed orientation, like I did?

Yes, mine was set to Left-Handed now which makes the menus pop out to the right.  Before it was set to Right-Handed.

Here is the solution:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/context-menu-going-left-not-right/a09e42df-fdd0-45fc-a501-7e5e145a22b3?auth=1

I tried it and now my menus open to the right.  :)

Matt