Joshua V

Started by fleetwood, November 23, 2017, 09:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Some surface experiments and CE.

Dune

Very nice, especially the color scheme and composition. Ersion works nicely too. Maybe you should use the 'rendered water' areas for fake stone debris, or not render that surface, but use the mask...

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

fleetwood

Thanks all
In this case, only Fluvial and Thermal erosion are being used and the resulting Flow map is a starting point for some of the masking.

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: Dragonfire on November 24, 2017, 07:55:03 AM
Fascinating work!

Yes, I've been looking at it for a long time. The colors of the soil, the gray sky, a rarefied atmosphere that is not capable of completely blocking the blackness of space. The air seems to be thin. Interesting. Another planet. For me, only the scale of all this remained a mystery. It seems to me that I'm standing on the ground and looking from the height of my height. For example, the mountain on the right seems low, 20-30 meters. And the dried up streams were in the width of 2-4 meters. I wonder if I guessed right.

J_Con

Beautiful. Well done.

fleetwood

Thanks,
Denis : The scales are close to what you estimated. The camera for this view is located about 5 meters above the near ground, so it is somewhat higher than the human eye would be.
Outcrops are mostly 20 to 40 meters altitude. Most distant outcrop in the middle is 80 meters alt. Dry stream beds roughly 4 to 8 meters wide.

Denis Sirenko

So, although it's an alien landscape, you created the right sense of scale without auxiliary objects (people, trees ..). It is very cool.

bobbystahr

Agree with all of Denis' comments and a big WOW from me...really nicely framed and thought out scene with your usual great surfaces.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

surfacing and terrain displacement are pretty awesome, the sky color seems a bit strange though it lights the surface well. It would be nice to see this with a different lighting setup
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram