Another Mixamo orgy...

Started by Hannes, November 24, 2017, 06:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

A little try to create some audience.
There are two sets of fifteen different low poly characters with different (looped) animations. The two sets are identical except looping offsets and texture maps (I changed the colour of the shirts to get some variation).
I have to say, it was a very tedious work, because I had to edit almost each and every instance to make the guys really sit in the seats and don't overlap each other.
So, after I was done I looked at the result and saw that although there are more or less thirty different movements, you can still see the members of one pop do exactly the same.

Random individual offset looping of each instance inside one population would be fantastic!!!!!!!!

Hannes

...and yesterday, after I had edited all instances, I tried to reload the file, and all objects were gone. I got a parse error report of line blablabla and I started to PANIC!!!!!
Fortunately I could open the TGD in a special text editor that displays line numbers and found there was a german "Ä", which TG doesn't like, so I could correct that and everything was fine.

Dune

j meyer

Wow, hard core patience training. ;)

Saw your other recent ones, too. Cool stuff, respect.

luvsmuzik

A couple easy questions probably answered before, but here goes:
Does Terragen import your character animation sequence and you the creator can specify the length that sequence will run? (Leaving your character paused in final rest pose until the end of entire TG animation?)
If that is possible, to vary the movement can you add a reverse partial sequence to one character and not another if you use two sets?

Of course this is great! :)

Hannes

TG imports whatever OBJ sequence you have as long there is no "frame" missing and you're using "%04d" instead of "Character_0000.obj. The number depends on how many digits your sequence uses.
You can start and end your sequence at any point in the sequence tab of your object's properties. If you uncheck "Loop" the pose will rest in the state of the last object until the end of the animation.
I don't know if it makes sense to add some reverse partial. To get some variation you can offset the looping framewise in every population or single object. And you can use ping pong instead of loop.
Unfortunately it's not (yet!!!!) possible to randomly offset every instance individually in a population.

Seth

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Hannes on November 25, 2017, 03:52:44 AM
TG imports whatever OBJ sequence you have as long there is no "frame" missing and you're using "%04d" instead of "Character_0000.obj. The number depends on how many digits your sequence uses.
You can start and end your sequence at any point in the sequence tab of your object's properties. If you uncheck "Loop" the pose will rest in the state of the last object until the end of the animation.
I don't know if it makes sense to add some reverse partial. To get some variation you can offset the looping framewise in every population or single object. And you can use ping pong instead of loop.
Unfortunately it's not (yet!!!!) possible to randomly offset every instance individually in a population.

I have 90 frame sequence of obj and mtl for my obj. Is this the correct manner to use the %04d     
.......\1Exported Objects\santa5seqenceexport\santa5sequenceexport_%04d.obj

UPDATE: It worked!!!  :) :) :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 08, 2017, 07:12:59 PM
Quote from: Hannes on November 25, 2017, 03:52:44 AM

I have 90 frame sequence of obj and mtl for my obj. Is this the correct manner to use the %04d     
.......\1Exported Objects\santa5seqenceexport\santa5sequenceexport_%04d.obj

UPDATE: It worked!!!  :) :) :)

awesome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Actually that awesome should be here. Full marks on your patience hannes....seeing it for the first time it seemed quite like a bunch o dude at some show. I might have had a guy hanging a moon over the railing somewhere in the middle but that's just my twisted mind.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

Opss! I thought i commented here Hannes.
I like this very much :)

Hannes

Thanks guys!!
Yes, you need a lot of patience to do things like that.
In the meantime I tried to be even more patient. I found a nice free soccer stadium model (I think it was Cadnav as far as I remember...)
Actually there's only the outer wall and the towers that are original. I replaced the whole interior, textured it and created an invisible copy of the area where the seats are to populate the spectators on. Four sets of fifteen populations each with a lot of edited instances.
The whole scene is only lit by the luminosity of the lamps, which looks quite good to my taste, but the GI flicker is terrible. Even though I made heavy use of GI caching.
At least rendertimes were a lot faster than with real lightsources in the scene.

Creating scenes like this is very tiring, so there are no players or referees in the scene. Maybe in ten years.... ;)

luvsmuzik

Are you saying you actually made physical seating areas for your crowd populations? (Not just a slanted look a like plane)
Tedious indeed! Great effort here!

Hannes

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 19, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
Are you saying you actually made physical seating areas for your crowd populations? (Not just a slanted look a like plane)

Yes.
I duplicated the areas where the seats sit on. Duplicating the seats would have been too much for my machine.