Valley

Started by mhaze, November 25, 2017, 04:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Started as an erosion test but took on a life of it's own!

Dune

That's how it often goes, doesn't it? Pretty cool, I especially like the waterfall of course. I would reduce the haze though and add some more colors to the rock. Clouds are terrific too.

mhaze

That's the problem - haze is set to zero. I really can't think of how to reduce it anymore! It's a problem I come up against many times.

mhaze

Ah! GI seems to be the culprit.

René

Very nice! I haven't been able to experiment with erosion because there isn't an osx version(yet?) :'(, but what I have seen so far it may well be the solution to create square noise. There is already something similar in your image. Well done!

fleetwood

j meyer

The rocks look pretty karsty the way they are now, like some places in eastern europe.
Like the clouds, too.

mhaze

bobbystahr

Very nice, right up to your usual quality. It has a peaceful yet kinda alien feel to it...big LIKE
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

SILENCER

Snazzy..I like that it has a waterfall. I've never had the stones to attempt that.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Amazing work!  I don't know how to describe it, but it almost feels like a painting.  I would live there.  ;)

bobbystahr

2nd look revealed that cool waterfall...so you used rivers as well but to much better effect than I got..well done.
How, if I may be so bold to ask, did you do the falling water?..it rocks.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Hi Bobby,

It's a PF, vertically stretched and masked by a simple shape shader with displacement from the PF.  I added a default shader to give translucency and extra specular reflections.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on November 26, 2017, 05:15:08 AM
Hi Bobby,

It's a PF, vertically stretched and masked by a simple shape shader with displacement from the PF.  I added a default shader to give translucency and extra specular reflections.

Well done man...noted for future reference.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New