Valley

Started by mhaze, November 25, 2017, 04:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

Very nice. Just on the edge of surreal – very believable. Great clouds and waterfall.

DannyG

I like the waterfall, light on the surface is a bit harsh though
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

J_Con

Really nice, quite epic. Clouds are stunning.

DannyG

Quote from: mhaze on November 25, 2017, 05:12:16 AM
That's the problem - haze is set to zero. I really can't think of how to reduce it anymore! It's a problem I come up against many times.

Perhaps increasing the contrast in TG would cut through the haze
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on November 25, 2017, 05:39:46 AM
Ah! GI seems to be the culprit.

Yeah, as I've progressed I found that one too, but it didn't strike me off the top as an area to fix. Good call.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Interesting recent post, depending on render time for your project, maybe a tweak or two with a crop?
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23529.msg238151.html#msg238151

mhaze

Another version - just after the golden 1/2 hour! Distant rocks with more masking and a fore ground rock.

cyphyr

I like this one much more. It has greater detail and interest, a combination of scales leading the viewer in. Excellent river by the way. Something missing, can't put my finger on it. Keep working on this one :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mhaze

Thanks, I think I'll have to add the goats back in.

Dune

Great light, very much better indeed. But forget about the goats, the river now looks like 5-8m wide, with goats the proportion problem might get back. Unless they're small enough.

bobbystahr

I like where you've taken this man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Thanks, new update on the way soon...

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I really really love it!  The only thing I would say, is because it looks so good, I want to see more of the river at the bottom edge.  Can you pull down the blind a little more to reveal more of where the river is going?  ;)

mhaze

Final! time for me to move on.

Lady of the Lake