Odd Find

Started by bobbystahr, December 27, 2017, 01:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Just messing around with a model and found that the Opacity slider seems to show variable transparency in the 3D preview but it doesn't translate to the full render or the RTP. Be nice if it worked in Render as well. It shows effect down to .7 but stops at .69. It doesn't really show in the object itself but in the shadow you see breakup from transparency. will do 2 renders and post soon.

and here they are

I should note there is a light inside the head
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Erm, yes, this is a "secret" feature in that it is not implemented in the renderer yet. Long-term that is the plan though...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on December 27, 2017, 06:32:10 PM
Erm, yes, this is a "secret" feature in that it is not implemented in the renderer yet. Long-term that is the plan though...

- Oshyan

Very cool, not every day I find something new...this will be very useful when fully implemented.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I mentioned this 'secret' a few months ago. I use it all the time to lighten my areas among leaves, e.g. Set opacity in leaves to 0.501 or so and it's at its lightest.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 28, 2017, 02:16:18 AM
I mentioned this 'secret' a few months ago. I use it all the time to lighten my areas among leaves, e.g. Set opacity in leaves to 0.501 or so and it's at its lightest.

I recall that but this time is the first time I noticed it actually working.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I like secret features, but I don't understand.  How is this useful if it doesn't render in a Full Render? 

Dune

It does render in a full render.