road work testing

Started by micvswind, November 30, 2017, 07:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micvswind

here is a testing work about road story.and i have no idea to improve it right now.
may be  you guys could give me some suggestions.thanks.

regard.

digitalguru

I think your road is a little too shiny - and needs a bit more diffuse to it. It would be bouncing more light onto your car which seems a bit under lit at the moment.

This reference is not a million miles away from your image.

p.s if you were to think like a cinematographer in this situation - shooting straight into the sun is going to silhouette objects facing the camera  - like the front of the car. The side would get some reflection from the sky and the road, but you might have to fill in the front - a big white card (basically a plane object with a white shader on it) placed behind the camera pointing at the car might simulate that ( and is what a DP might do)

[attachimg=1]

otakar

What are you trying to improve? Just the road? Does the sun have to face the camera head on?

micvswind

Quote from: otakar on November 30, 2017, 12:41:39 PM
What are you trying to improve? Just the road? Does the sun have to face the camera head on?

not just the road,the entire image.i like a image with rich detail and i don't know what do i add  to it and keep it is not too mess.
and i expect it like this image bellow:

Dune

You can use a few small fake stones stacked, make them very dark or almost black, and one of the stones (with a lesser coverage) with a reflective shader. Then you can use a PF to further mask the reflection (and or the stones it sits on) in patches, like in the photo. And perhaps mask further by distance to emphasise only close-by reflections. Play with the refraction and amount of reflection, but make sure you turn off RT!