Some new WIP's

Started by Dune, December 02, 2017, 02:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Let's see, do I like the clouds the best?...Well, they are just awesome.
Or, how about that sand?....
Or, the vegetation mix?....
Or, the blend from shore to terrain?...

Always fascinating! Such details!

bobbystahr

Dramatic; but what are them blue things out in the water? Oh full screen tells me tents....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Something else I've been working on, still WIP. I have a problem with the water/mud transition, even with almost highest subdivision level (0.85) it is quite distinct. Food for post I expect.

luvsmuzik

Still incredible how you can isolate these areas of details!

Tangled-Universe

Hmmm interesting...in the bottom left section I actually really like the somewhat sharp transition of mud to the water depth. Very realistic, I have seen it many times in real life.
However, to the top right of your watermark the transition results in some little bit obvious unnatural sharp edges and perhaps it is that area which bothers you?

Dune

Yes, I like the left underside too, but it's mainly on the right shore, and near the upper houses. I could probably have made 'fake depth' of the water and used the planet as a water body too, but that would need a different approach. Then it's easier to get the adhesion effect on transition between water and mud. But I'll do some blurring on the final big one.

Dune

Updated.

archonforest

Another piece of art that tells me: Download me and learn! :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

bird needs soft shadows....just kidding :o

bobbystahr

Those geese really are the perfect addition to trigger my vertigo, way t go...seriously good...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Something I'm working on (in between bouts of couphing due to the flue)  :(

Credits to the guys from Xoio for their scanned people.

archonforest

Both very nice but 1st one is the winner for me.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

René

What can I say.... they all look great. There's just one thing that confused me a little bit, that's the part on the lower right of 'Eept Vl18_UG_v2' At first glance, I thought it was a huge fallen tree, but maybe that's because I am not so bright in the morning. :-[

Dune

Maybe so, because I don't see what you see. I must say that this version is a bit hard in colors, the final is much softer, and the black storks have taken to the sky too. There a are a few areas of shrub and trees and then there's the muddy creek.