Christmas lights!

Started by N-drju, December 04, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

As a proof of concept, I tried to make some simple Christmas lights and I gotta say it turned out nicely. :) Good for decorating TG streets and towns.

[attach=1]

To get the shape, I used a native card object and then applied black-and-white opacity image using free cut-outs from Botanical Paperworks. Then, I applied adequate luminosity and tada! :)
It is also possible to create decorations where "bulb lines" get various colors. In this case, you'll need separate cards and opacity images for each color. Five minutes work but a very promising result.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Xenoyia

Very nice! I love the subtle glow :)
Photography/Music Portfolio: http://lukevalentine.co.uk/

J_Con

Nice one.Simple solution to a possibly complex problem.

bobbystahr

Very Cool, well done. Off to Photoshop to make Xmas deco....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Here's another set. In the meantime I also tried to prove another concept - populate "candles" on a card masked by an opacity image that imitates hanging power cord. No luck here. :( You need a cord / line object instead and then populate on object option.

[attach=1]

These were made with resources from Polish and German sites with kid's coloring cutouts.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Very  nice! Will this be a walking tour or drive through, hmmm .... ;D maybe even fly over?

N-drju

Hmm, my Christmas image is about to be rendered so I guess I'll use these next year. ;) But I added some of these just for a flavor - some glow in the distance. I'm doing landscape so you can't really tell the shapes.