Hooker's Point Lighthouse Harbour

Started by bobbystahr, December 07, 2017, 11:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Going through an old archive from when I moderated freestuff at rendo I came across my Gaetan collection. He was a contributor that someone complained to the Admin above me about; something about using copyright logos in his work, and before I could work my magic with him his gallery, freestuff and whole account disappeared. While they are often in need of remapping they were generally nicely made and I found them worth saving..I used his textures to tex the TG parts, worked O K. This is one of quite a few I may try to integrate into my renders. This is a bit lo res so I'll call it a WIP. C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

This is a winner already!
I agree that it can be quite a shame to lose talent due to those type of issues, especially today with social media. People can snap a photo and hang it online with logo after logo included in a shot, I do not see any lawsuits over not crediting that. I was accused of stealing my own creation by someone who should have known better, such junk is infuriating and sometimes a very bitter pill to swallow.
That said, seems like you have this spotlight issue nailed! Great!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 07, 2017, 01:44:42 PM
This is a winner already!
I agree that it can be quite a shame to lose talent due to those type of issues, especially today with social media. People can snap a photo and hang it online with logo after logo included in a shot, I do not see any lawsuits over not crediting that. I was accused of stealing my own creation by someone who should have known better, such junk is infuriating and sometimes a very bitter pill to swallow.
That said, seems like you have this spotlight issue nailed! Great!

60 Soft Shadow samples and I used 32 samples in the atmosphere...AA5 mpD.5
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Oh cool, 60 on soft shadows, I shall have to try that. I have been messing with the penumbra and other little sliders, looking for the "show cone" option....
In my mind I was thinking of stage spot lights, where one only sees the spot, that is where your atmo trick comes in I guess...

Fabien Sokal