What do you think of a weekly Terragen Twitch stream?

Started by cyphyr, December 07, 2017, 04:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

A weekly Terragen live stream/podcast possibly using the Twitch platform.

"Terragen Fridays" or "It's Terragen Tonight!!" or "Terragen Time"

I'm really not sure or that confident but here is the pitch.

It would be a weekly show maybe 8pm to 9pm UK time on a Friday. (is that too frequent, could I hold that commitment)
Quite low key, not a tutorial show as such however that would be a major part of it.
There would be a theme for each show that would be announced  a week before so people could ask questions and make suggestions.
There will be guests who can share some of their techniques and inspiration.
It would hopefully link into the rest of the burgeoning Terragen ecosystem.
It will highlight Terragen products and software that is relevant to Terragen, for example new Xfrog trees.
It would review places where Terragen has been used commercially and hope to get an interview with the artist.

I'm sure there's plenty more to add please don't hold back and throw your ideas into the pot.
I'm also sure that much of this is not so easy to achieve as it is to write down.

I've never done anything like this before and frankly it's quite terrifying but hopefully I could get some other old hands to take the reigns now and then.

So what do people think?
Would you tune in?
Would you want to contribute?
Would you help advertise it on relevant channels?

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Xenoyia

I would love + watch that :D

Times seem alright, dont have to do it every week but I'd tune in whenever it was up.
Photography/Music Portfolio: http://lukevalentine.co.uk/

Oshyan

We would very happily provide any support we could. Weekly might be a bit much, then again it might be a great boost to community interaction and excitement! If you're up to it, it may be worth trying. Of course there's nothing wrong with fortnightly, and it's fun to say. ;)

- Oshyan

Dune

It's a nice idea, but I won't be in, as I exclusively work offline. I can watch, though  :P

Hetzen

I've not used Twitch. I do subscribe to a few Youtube channels that stream. Is it better?

I think in principle it's a good idea. Weekly as Oshyan says maybe too much to come up with content that regularly. We also have a community in very different time zones, I've not done a TG live stream, how did that work out in terms of online 'views'?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 08, 2017, 04:00:57 AM
It's a nice idea, but I won't be in, as I exclusively work offline. I can watch, though  :P

Ditto as my workstation stay away from the net but I'd certainly tune in and if possible participate as I could use flash drives if I needed to add TG content to a comment. but maybe a bit earlier for those of us in the colonies as 8 P M is 2 A M here and I'm aiming my head at a pillow around 2 A M.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

cyphyr

Err I make it 8pm UK time is 2 pm in the afternoon in Central Canada.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

otakar

I'd watch but it would have to be a recording. 8pm UK time is middle of the work day for me (on a weekday).

bobbystahr

Quote from: cyphyr on December 08, 2017, 11:50:29 AM
Err I make it 8pm UK time is 2 pm in the afternoon in Central Canada.

heh heh, damn typos...thanks...I'd still be there ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Richard,
   NWDA will provide any and all support if needed

Nice initiative
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

I guess I missed the first one...a rehearsal happened and I wasn't here...gonna go again?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

cyphyr

OK well it looks like people are positive about the idea.
I've got to sort some stuff out to make it work, set up the channel, make a banner etc. I wont be starting until the new year so very provisionally the first broadcast will be Janurary 6th 2018.
I'll post more nearer the time and maybe make some sort of Facebook announcement.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

luvsmuzik

A simple step by step instruction on how to use Twitch...like...download Twitch here...(it is free? or it costs...this?) would be helpful .
Anything Terragen related would be fantastic...keep it movin' cowpoke! :)

bobbystahr

echo  luvsmuzik and am looking forward to at least tuning in but have no camera or mic on this computer...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Seth